- Career Opportunities
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media Wall
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Department for Premier and Cabinet (DPC) Circular 028
- DPTI Star Rates - July 2019
- New Whyalla Secondary School Industry Briefing
- DPTI Industry Briefing - 2019
- New WCH - Consultant Industry Briefing - PSC Services - November 2019
- Future Tender Program - November 2019
- Building Projects Infrastructure Delivery - Overview of Role - Nov 19
- Future Tender Program - June 2020
- Future Tender Program - 8 July 2020
- Future Tender Program - 13 August 2020
- Future Tender program - 18 September 2020
- Future Tender Program - November 2020
- Future Tender Program - 4 March 2021
- Future Tender Program - 1 April 2021
- Who We Are And What We Do
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- Strategic Asset Management (SAM)
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Technical Guide Notes
- Future AGFMA
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Office of Local Government
- Gateway Reviews
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 SA Border Information for Essential Travellers
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- National Safe Work Month 2020
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
South Road overpass investigation report released
23 February 2017
The State Government has released a report by consulting engineering firm Aurecon into what caused the damage to the structure of the pedestrian and cycling path over South Road at Glandore.
The report found that the incident can be attributed to a failure in the design of the pedestrian and cycling path.
The path was built under a design and construct contract with the Government in 2009 by McConnell Dowell, and was designed for McConnell Dowell by engineering firm AECOM, and certified by Wallbridge and Gilbert Consulting and Engineers.
Copies of the report were provided to the consortium of companies which designed and built the path.
Discussions have commenced with all parties to develop an effective solution. They will have an opportunity to respond after which the State Government will deal with issues of liability.
Separately, Aurecon has also been tasked with designing a permanent solution for the pedestrian and cycling path, as well as to conduct a comprehensive review of the Government bridge maintenance and inspection regimes.
Now the cause of the fault has been identified, works to remove the anti-throw screens on the northern side of the overpass and the development of a design solution to return the cycling and pedestrian path to full working order have commenced immediately.
The cycling and pedestrian path, and the anti-throw screens, were always included as part of the project detailed in the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure’s 2008 Submission to the Public Works Committee.
The South Road Tram Shared Overpass Bridge Incident Investigation Report is available here.