DPTI Media Release - Safety to be improved on the Fleurieu Peninsula and the Murray Bridge/Tailem Bend Area
10 January 2017
Safety on various sections of roads on the Fleurieu Peninsula and the Murray Bridge and Tailem Bend area will be improved with more than 11 kilometres of resealing works commencing today.The works will improve the surface quality and extend the life of the roads.
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) is undertaking resealing works at the following locations:
- Callington Road/Alexandrina Road (Callington to Goolwa Road), approximately 3km south of Callington for 1.6km
- Callington Road/Alexandrina Road (Callington to Goolwa Road), eastern approach to Strathalbyn for 0.54km
- Callington Road/Alexandrina Road (Callington to Goolwa Road), approximately 4km south of Strathalbyn for 1.02km
- Paris Creek Road, North Parade – South Terrace Strathalbyn for 0.57km
- Milang Road, approximately 5km south of Belvidere for 2.1km
- Victor Harbor Road, south side of Mount Compass for 0.57km
- Old Princes Highway, approximately 6km south of Murray Bridge for 1.2km
- Jervois Road, 6km south of Jervois for 1.5km
- Mallee Highway, approximately 6km east of Moorlands for 1.9km.
The work will be undertaken between 7.00 am and 5.30pm Monday to Saturday, weather permitting.
DPTI will make every effort to minimise the impact on road users during construction hours, with the road remaining open to traffic with minor lane restrictions in place while the works are being undertaken.
DPTI advises a 25 km/h speed restriction will apply when workers are on site, with a maximum 80km/h speed restriction being in place until the reinstatement of the pavement marking is complete.