- Career Opportunities
- Working in the Department
- Other Entry Pathways
- Overseas Candidates
- Infrastructure Careers
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Career Opportunities
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Technical Guide Notes
- Future AGFMA
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 SA Border Information for Essential Travellers
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- National Safe Work Month 2020
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
- A simpler way to navigate
- Keeping the point-to-point community COVID SAfe with Check-In QR codes
- Angle Vale School
- Aldinga School
Construction has begun on Adelaide's newest city school
15 December 2016
Construction on Adelaide’s new $100 million city school has officially begun, with Lendlease Building Contractors Pty Ltd winning the major design and construct contract for this key infrastructure project.
Lendlease have successfully completed major infrastructure works in South Australia, including the Adelaide Oval and Adelaide Convention Centre redevelopment (Stage 1).
The Development Assessment Commission last month approved the State Government’s application to construct South Australia’s second city high school, which will cater for 1250 students and open at the beginning of Term 1, 2019.
These works will be delivered in line with the South Australian Industry Participation Policy, and are expected to support approximately 210 jobs during construction.
This significant project for Adelaide builds on our infrastructure investment and will create more than 200 new jobs for South Australians.
Located on Frome Road, the school will be the state’s first vertical school, boasting seven floors following a refurbishment of Uni SA’s Reid Building.
The school’s central location and connectivity to a large walking, cycling and public transport network will promote green, active travel for students and teachers.
Our state’s new school will also be part of Adelaide’s vibrant city precinct, with close proximity to the Park Lands, Universities, the Botanic Gardens and the Zoo, among other key Adelaide attractions along North Terrace.
For more information on the new CBD school, including designs, enrolment and zoning, visit the DECD website.