Temporary Traffic Arrangements at South Road Intersection with Torrens Road from Monday 19 December 2016 to late May 2017
14 December 2016
As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens (T2T) Project, traffic will be switched on to the new north bound surface road on South Road between Torrens Road and Tait Street. These temporary changes are required to commence construction of the Torrens Road bridge.
In addition, temporary signalised U-turns will be installed on South Road near Tait Street and at Dartmouth Street.
These works will take place from 7pm Friday 16 December to 6am Monday 19 December 2016 and enable construction of the Torrens Road bridge to commence.
New traffic arrangements - From 6am Monday 19 December 2016, after the traffic switch, the following new traffic arrangements will be in place.
* Right turn movements will not be permitted at the South Road intersection with Torrens Road.
* South Road north bound (towards Regency Park) – two through lanes and a left slip lane (to turn left into Torrens Road) will be maintained.
* South Road south bound (towards Darlington) – two through lanes and a left turn only lane (to turn left into Torrens Road) will be maintained.
* Torrens Road in each direction (west bound towards the beach and east bound towards the city) – two through lanes and left turn slip lanes (to turn left into South Road) will be maintained.
* Temporary, signalised U-turns will be installed near Tait Street and at Dartmouth Street.
* Left turn movements in and out of Ellen Street will be maintained. Right turn movements in and out of Ellen Street at South Road will not be permitted. This is a permanent change to this junction.
* Dartmouth Street will be temporarily closed at South Road from 7pm Wednesday 14 December 2016 to late May 2017.
Motorists and road users are requested to take extra care when workers are on site and observe traffic signage and speed and lane restrictions when travelling through the area.
Visit the project website at www.t2talliance.com.au for a map of temporary traffic arrangements and alternative routes.
Following the traffic switch, bus routes will follow the temporary, signalised U-turn being installed at Tait Street. There will be no changes to bus stops or timetables. For more information on bus timetables and services please visit: www.adelaidemetro.com.au.
For real time roadwork information download the AddInsight app for Apple (https://itunes.apple.com/au/genre/music/id34) or Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps) at www.addinsight.com.au/app, or visit the Traffic SA website at www.traffic.sa.gov.au.