- Career Opportunities
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Department for Premier and Cabinet (DPC) Circular 028
- DPTI Star Rates - July 2019
- New Whyalla Secondary School Industry Briefing
- DPTI Industry Briefing - 2019
- New WCH - Consultant Industry Briefing - PSC Services - November 2019
- Future Tender Program - November 2019
- Building Projects Infrastructure Delivery - Overview of Role - Nov 19
- Future Tender Program - June 2020
- Future Tender Program - 8 July 2020
- Future Tender Program - 13 August 2020
- Future Tender program - 18 September 2020
- Future Tender Program - November 2020
- Future Tender Program - 4 March 2021
- Future Tender Program - 1 April 2021
- Future Tender Program - June 2021
- Who We Are And What We Do
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- Strategic Asset Management (SAM)
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Technical Guide Notes
- Future AGFMA
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Office of Local Government
- Gateway Reviews
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 SA Border Information for Essential Travellers
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- National Safe Work Month 2020
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
- A simpler way to navigate
SA organisation determined to make a difference
30 November 2016
National recognition for SA organisation Determined2 who were awarded at the 10th National Disability Awards for Excellence in Inclusive Service Delivery.
The award recognises excellence in innovative service design led by Australians with disability, or innovative services that apply person-centred approaches for Australians with disability that demonstrate genuine engagement with Australians with disability.
Determined2 are making waves as the only organisation in Australia to offer Immersion Therapy – a medically approved SCUBA program.
Immersion Therapy gives people with disabilities, injury or other medical conditions the opportunity to experience the benefits of freedom of movement and complete weightlessness in the water, using and stimulating muscles not normally used.
But Determined2 is about much more than therapy, for many people it’s also a pathway back into regular recreation and sports activity and social interaction and engagement.
So far Determined2 has succeeded in getting medical permission for the first time anywhere in the world, for someone with diagnosed epilepsy to go SCUBA diving.
The group’s founder and managing director Pete Wilson says his philosophy is about opening up participants’ options and their expectations about what they can get out of life.
The Office for Recreation and Sport supports the work of Determined2 through the award of a $48,000 grant to Disability Recreation and Sports SA under the Sport & Recreation Development and Inclusion Program.