DPTI Media Release - Heysen Tunnel routine maintenance works
27 October 2016
Motorists are advised that the Heysen Tunnels will be partially closed at times for essential safety maintenance commencing next week.
The maintenance will be focused on electrical systems including the ventilation, lighting, fire detection and emergency management systems.
Work have been scheduled during off peak times to reduce the impact for motorists.
Associated traffic restrictions are as follows:
Wednesday, 2 November 2016
- Crafers bound tunnel lane restrictions (closure of one lane) from 8:30 am until 4:00 pm
- Adelaide bound tunnel lane restrictions (closure of one lane) from 9:00 am until 6:30 pm Thursday, 3 November
- Adelaide bound tunnel lane restrictions (closure of two lanes) from 6:00 pm Thursday 03 November until 1:00 am Friday 04 November
- Crafers bound tunnel lane restrictions (closure of two lanes) from 8:00 pm Thursday 03 November until 2:00 am Friday 04 November Friday, 4 November and Saturday, 5 November 2016
- Adelaide bound traffic will be detoured via Eagle on the Hill from 7:00 pm Friday, 04 November until 8:00 am Saturday, 05 November.
- Crafers bound traffic will be diverted into one lane of the Adelaide bound tunnel from 10:00 pm on Friday, 04 November until 8:00 am Saturday, 05 November.
Emergency vehicles will have access to the tunnels at all times. Speed restrictions will be in place at this location while the maintenance work is undertaken.
The Department of Planning, Transport, and Infrastructure (DPTI) thanks motorists for their patience.