- Career Opportunities
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media Wall
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Department for Premier and Cabinet (DPC) Circular 028
- DPTI Star Rates - July 2019
- New Whyalla Secondary School Industry Briefing
- DPTI Industry Briefing - 2019
- New WCH - Consultant Industry Briefing - PSC Services - November 2019
- Future Tender Program - November 2019
- Building Projects Infrastructure Delivery - Overview of Role - Nov 19
- Future Tender Program - June 2020
- Future Tender Program - 8 July 2020
- Who We Are And What We Do
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- Strategic Asset Management (SAM)
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Technical Guide Notes
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Office of Local Government
- Gateway Reviews
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 SA Border Information for Essential Travellers
DPTI Media Alert - Darlington upgrade project - Main South Road traffic shift
13 October 2016
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) advises that traffic will shift to the eastern side of Main South Road between Brookside Road and Flinders Drive at Bedford Park South as part of the Darlington Upgrade Project from today, 13 October 2016.
Southbound shift – Completed by 14 October: Southbound lanes will be shifted onto the service road on the eastern side, with works to be undertaken at night between 8pm and 6am. As a result of the traffic shift, the right turn onto Main South Road from Richard Street will be removed. Left in and left out movements will remain. A U-turn facility will be provided on Main South Road for motorists exiting Richard Street and wishing to travel north (into the city). All other current access movements at Brookside Road, Riverside Drive and Franklin Avenue will remain in place.
Northbound shift – 14 – 17 October: From 8pm on Friday 14 October 2016, work will commence to shift the northbound traffic lanes on Main South Road to the eastern side of the road. This will occur progressively over the weekend and will be complete by 6am Monday 18 October 2016. This will include the relocation of traffic signals at the Main South Road intersection with the Southern Expressway. These works will be carried out throughout the weekend and the traffic signals will not be in operation during this time. Traffic and speed restrictions will be in place and traffic controllers will be available to direct motorists.
Motorists are advised to adhere to any speed or lane restrictions that are in place.
From Friday 14 October 2016 the footpath on the western side of Main South Road between the Sturt River and Flinders Drive will be closed for the remainder of the project for safety reasons. Pedestrians will be detoured onto the footpath on the eastern side of Main South Road. The pedestrian underpass at the Sturt River will be closed intermittently during the works, with advanced notice to be provided.
Please be aware the footpath on the eastern side of Main South Road between Flinders Drive and Sturt Road will remain closed until the project is complete.
All motorists and pedestrians are advised to follow all signage and speed restrictions when travelling through the area and take extra care when workers are on site.
Visit the project website at www.dpti.sa.gov.au/infrastructure for further information.
For information about public transport detours, please visit www.adelaidemetro.com.au/.
For real time roadwork information download the AddInsight app for Apple https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/addinsight/id1099048200 or Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.gov.sa.addinsight or visit the Traffic SA website at www.traffic.sa.gov.au