Safety to be improved at the Springton Road junction with Mt Crawford Road and Warren Road, Williamstown
2 May 2016
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) began safety improvements at the Springton Road junction with Mt Crawford Road and Warren Road, Williamstown today.
The improvements include:
- construction of a sheltered right turn lane on Warren Road for motorists turning into Springton Road
- construction of a sheltered left turn lane on Mt Crawford Road for motorists turning into Springton Road
- realignment of the junction to improve visibility and safety for turning vehicles
- vegetation removal from the north-eastern side of the junction to improve sight distance
- installation of safety barriers,
- upgraded street lighting to improve visibility for motorists at night, and
- asphalt resurfacing of the junction
Works commenced today and are expected to be completed by end of July 2016, weather permitting.
The majority of works will be undertaken between 7am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
The road will remain open to traffic, with a 25 km/h speed restriction in place while workers are on site. Lane and other speed restrictions may apply subject to onsite conditions.
This $1.2 million project is jointly funded by the Motor Accident Commission’s Adelaide Hills Priority Program and the State Government’s Rural Road Safety Program.
DPTI appreciates your co-operation and patience while these important safety works are undertaken.