Safety to be improved for Northern, Central and Southern Areas
26 April 2016
Safety on various roads in the Northern, Central and Southern areas of the State will be improved with more than 25 kilometres of rut filling works commencing on Tuesday, 26 April 2016.
The works will improve the surface quality and extend the life of the roads.
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) is undertaking rut filing works at the following locations:
- Stuart Highway, approximately 41km north of Coober Pedy for 2.5km
- Stuart Highway, approximately 29km north of Coober Pedy for 7km
- Stuart Highway, approximately 104km north of Glendambo for 7km
- Port Wakefield Road, turn off to Wild Horse Plains for 200m
- Port Wakefield Road, approximately 9km south of Lower Light for 1km Port Wakefield Road, approximately 10km south of Lower Light for 1km
- Port Wakefield Road, approximately 18km south of Lower Light for 1km
- South East Highway, approximately 15km south of Murray Bridge for 1.35km
- Sturt Highway, approximately 22km east of Truro for 2.24km
- Sturt Highway, approximately 26km east of Blanchetown for 970m
- Sturt Highway, approximately 27km east of Blanchetown for 980m
- Sturt Highway, approximately 8km east of Waikerie for 300m
The work will be undertaken between 7.00 am and 5.30 pm, each day of the week.
DPTI will make every effort to minimise the impact on road users during construction hours, with the road remaining open to traffic with minor lane restrictions in place while the works are being undertaken.
DPTI advises a 25 km/h speed restriction will apply when workers are on site, with a maximum 80 km/h speed restriction being in place until the reinstatement of the pavement marking is complete.
These works, including all pavement marking, are expected to be completed by late June 2016, weather permitting.
The works are being carried out at an estimated cost of $1,500,000 million as part of the Australian Government’s Periodic Road Maintenance Programme.
DPTI thanks motorists for their patience while these important safety works are carried out.