- Career Opportunities
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media Wall
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Department for Premier and Cabinet (DPC) Circular 028
- DPTI Star Rates - July 2019
- New Whyalla Secondary School Industry Briefing
- DPTI Industry Briefing - 2019
- New WCH - Consultant Industry Briefing - PSC Services - November 2019
- Future Tender Program - November 2019
- Building Projects Infrastructure Delivery - Overview of Role - Nov 19
- Future Tender Program - June 2020
- Future Tender Program - 8 July 2020
- Future Tender Program - 13 August 2020
- Future Tender program - 18 September 2020
- Future Tender Program - November 2020
- Future Tender Program - February 2021
- Who We Are And What We Do
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- Strategic Asset Management (SAM)
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Technical Guide Notes
- Future AGFMA
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Office of Local Government
- Gateway Reviews
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 SA Border Information for Essential Travellers
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- National Safe Work Month 2020
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
VACSWIM 2016 Launch
20 November 2015
Leaders from the South Australian aquatic sector gathered to launch the iconic and highly regarded SA Water VACSWIM 2016 program, expecting up to 15,000 registrations before the 18 December closing date.
With the weather heating up – now is the time for families to consider engaging in safety programs such as VACSWIM that will prepare their children for upcoming aquatic activity.
The main VACSWIM 2016 program will kick off on Monday, 4 January 2016, with some providers offering a program in December 2015.
The timing respects the findings of the Royal Life Saving Drowning Report 2015 Data, which demonstrates January as the peak time for drowning deaths and incidents across Australia.
With an almost 60 year history, VACSWIM is the largest annual water safety event in South Australia, designed to proactively support children aged 5-13yo in developing a range of aquatic skills, increasing confidence in the water as well as learning personal survival activities and basic emergency procedures.
Within the VACSWIM initiative, water safety programs are delivered by Surf Life Saving SA, Royal Life Saving Society SA and YMCA and are offered at over 130 metropolitan and regional locations including beaches, pools and other recreational waterways across South Australia.
The significant delivery of VACSWIM calls for the support of over 600 qualified instructors.
Enventive who are also the parent company of ‘Life. Be in it’ will manage VACSWIM 2016 on behalf of the State Government. General Manager Neil Mackenzie explains that SA Water VACSWIM should not be confused with traditional learn to swim programs.
“Ideally VACSWIM should be viewed as a complimentary addition to equally as important swimming lessons. It’s about empowering children with the knowledge to make smart aquatic decisions,” adds Neil.
2015/16 marks SA Water’s 20th year of sponsorship support of VACSWIM. All programs meet the National Water Safety Education Competency Framework.
VACSWIM registrations are now open, families should register via www.vacswimsa.com.au before 18 December 2015.