Heysen Tunnels traffic restrictions, detours 29 April until 2 May
22 April 2015
Motorists are advised that due to essential safety maintenance of electrical systems and wall repairs there will be a partial closure of the Heysen Tunnels from Wednesday, 29 April until early morning Saturday, 2 May 2015.
Every effort is being made to reduce the impact on motorists by conducting the work to these vital safety systems during off peak times. The associated traffic restrictions are as follows:
Wednesday 29 April 2015
- One Lane closed for Crafers bound tunnel from 8:30 am until 3:00 pm.
- One Lane closed for Adelaide bound tunnel from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm.
Thursday 30 April 2015
- Two lanes closed for Adelaide bound 6:00 pm to 02:00 am Friday 1 May 2015.
- Two lanes closed for Crafers bound 7:30 pm to 02:00 am Friday 1 May 2015.
Friday 1 May 2015
- Adelaide bound traffic will be detoured via Eagle on the Hill 7:00 pm until 6:00 am on Saturday 2 May.
- Crafers bound traffic will be diverted into one lane of the Adelaide bound tunnel from 9:00 pm to 06:00 am Saturday 2 May 2015.
Speed restrictions will apply during the works.
Emergency vehicles will have access to the tunnel at all times.
Thank you to roads users in advance for their patience during the restrictions and detours.