- Darlington Transport Study
- North-south Corridor
- Northern Connector
- Road Management Plans
- Gawler East Link Road Project
- Main South Road Duplication
- Strzelecki Track Upgrade and Sealing Project
- South Eastern Freeway - Managed Motorway Measures
- Goodwood, Springbank and Daws Road Intersection Upgrade
- Hahndorf Traffic Study
- Port Wakefield Overpass and Highway Duplication
- Joy Baluch AM Bridge Duplication
- Flagstaff Road Upgrade
- Golden Grove Road Upgrade
- Cross Road and Fullarton Road Intersection Upgrade
- Portrush and Magill Road Intersection Upgrade
- Glen Osmond Road and Fullarton Road Intersection Upgrade
- Victor Harbor Road Duplication
- State-Wide Road Improvement and Renewal Works
- Modernising Road Maintenance
- Main North Road and Nottage Terrace Intersection Upgrade
- Main North Road, Kings and McIntyre Roads Intersection Upgrade
- Grand Junction, Hampstead and Briens Road Intersection Upgrade
- Mitcham Hills Road Corridor Upgrade
- Hahndorf Township Strategic Traffic Planning Study
- Adelaide Hills Intersections Upgrade Initiative
- Thomas Foods International access
- Birkenhead Bridge
- Park Terrace, Robe Terrace, Walkerville Terrace and Mann Road Intersection Upgrade
- South Australian Rural Roads Safety Package
- Safety Upgrades on Eight Country Roads
- North East Road and South Para Road Junction Upgrade
Stebonheath and Womma Roads Intersection Upgrade
click to enlarge
The South Australian Government has committed $5.1 million to improve safety for all road users by installing a roundabout at the intersection of Stebonheath and Womma Roads, Edinburgh North.
The project will address existing safety concerns at the intersection, and improve efficiency and access for freight movements to nearby businesses, with access to PBS Level 3 vehicles (up to 36.5 metres length B-triples) at the intersection.
The existing four-way intersection will be upgraded to a single lane roundabout and includes:
- Pavement construction and surfacing;
- New median, kerb and gutter construction;
- New pedestrian refuges and ramps;
- New line marking;
- Upgraded LED lighting for the extent of the project;
- Vegetation removal and landscaping; and
- New signage on all approaches, and within roundabout footprint.
Major construction is expected to commence in early 2021, and be completed mid-2021, weather permitting.
The Department will continue to tailor community engagement opportunities in line with the latest COVID-19 advice from health authorities.
Face-to-face engagement opportunities may be restricted and we will continue to be guided by the advice of authorities, with the health and safety of our stakeholders always our highest priority.
Engagement with community and industry is crucial and we will facilitate information sessions where possible to enable face to face engagement. It is important to assist in managing these events and enabling physical distancing, that you register as requested so attendance numbers can be monitored.
Should you require further information, please email DIT at email@example.com or telephone 1300 794 880