- North-South Corridor
- Road Management Plans
- Strzelecki Track Upgrade and Sealing Project
- Goodwood, Springbank and Daws Road Intersection Upgrade
- 'Hahndorf Township Strategic Traffic Planning Study' and 'Hahndorf Township Improvements and Access Upgrade Project'
- Port Wakefield Overpass and Highway Duplication
- Joy Baluch AM Bridge Duplication
- Flagstaff Road Upgrade
- Golden Grove Road Upgrade
- Cross Road and Fullarton Road Intersection Upgrade
- Portrush and Magill Road Intersection Upgrade
- Glen Osmond Road and Fullarton Road Intersection Upgrade
- State-Wide Road Improvement and Renewal Works
- Modernising Road Maintenance
- Main North Road and Nottage Terrace Intersection Upgrade
- Main North Road, Kings and McIntyre Roads Intersection Upgrade
- Grand Junction, Hampstead and Briens Road Intersection Upgrade
- Mitcham Hills Road Corridor Upgrade
- Adelaide Hills Intersections Upgrade Initiative
- South Australian Rural Roads Safety Package
- South Australian Rural Highway Corridor Upgrades
- North East Road and South Para Road Junction Upgrade
- Gorge Road and Silkes Road Junction Upgrade
- South Eastern Freeway Pavement Rehabilitation: Tollgate to Crafers
- Nairne Intersection Upgrade
- Fleurieu Connections
- Angle Vale Riverbanks College Junction Upgrades
- Aldinga Payinthi College Intersection Upgrade
- Transport Network Planning Studies Program
- Marion Road and Sir Donald Bradman Drive Intersection Upgrade
- Sturt Highway Corridor Upgrade
- Salisbury Highway Asphalt Resurfacing Works
- Regional North-South Freight Route Upgrade
- Truro Bypass Project
- Port Road between Grand Junction Road and Earle Avenue, Cheltenham
- Horrocks Highway Upgrades
- APY Lands Main Access Road Upgrade
South Australian Rural Roads Safety Package
The Australian and South Australian Governments are funding a $143 million package, $114.4 million from the Australian Government and $28.6 million from the State Government, focused on road safety outcomes on the regional and rural South Australian road transport network.
Safety treatments to be undertaken as part of this package include:
- overtaking lanes,
- shoulder sealing, and
- other safety upgrades, such as audio-tactile marking, on eight country roads.
The package of works will:
- improve road safety
- improve travel times
- enhance connectivity between people and places, business and markets.
As part of this focus on rural road safety $47 million has been allocated to construction of overtaking lanes to improve safety on regional roads with a commitment of $37.6 million from the Australian Government and $9.4 million from the State Government.
Additional overtaking lanes will be constructed on the following roads:
- Augusta Highway between Lochiel to Crystal Brook, three new overtaking lanes
- Long Valley Road between Wistow and Strathalbyn, one new overtaking lane
- Victor Harbor Road between Crows Nest Road and Victor Harbor, one new overtaking lane
- Lincoln Highway between Whyalla and Port Augusta, two new overtaking lanes
- Riddoch Highway between Keith and Penola, three new overtaking lanes.
Overtaking lanes improve road safety by providing and encouraging safe overtaking opportunities and reducing driver frustration from drivers not being able to overtake slower moving vehicles.
The project is currently in the planning and design phase with construction works expected to commence in the 2021-22 financial year.
As part of the Rural Roads Safety Package, $26 million has been allocated to shoulder sealing to improve safety on regional roads. This commitment, $20.8 million from the Australian Government and $5.2 million from the State Government, is part of the $1.115 billion funding announced in the 2019-20 State Budget for regional roads and infrastructure.
Shoulder sealing improves road safety by providing a recovery area for errant vehicles straying from the main carriageway. Road safety research shows a 40% reduction in off road and head on crash rates after implementation of shoulder sealing.
Roads for shoulder sealing:
- Playford Highway
- Aldinga Road (Aldinga - Willunga)
- Maslin Beach / Tatachilla (Maslin Beach - McLaren Vale)
- Black Top Road
- Marrabel Road
- Stott Highway (Angaston - Loxton)
- Taylorville Road (Taylorville - Waikerie)
- Goyder Highway (Burra - Renmark)
- Cadell Valley Road / Ramco Road (Cadell - Waikerie)
- Karoonda Highway (Loxton - Murray Bridge)
- Spencer Highway (Moonta - Maitland)
- Wilkins Highway (Warnertown - Jamestown)
- Blyth Plains Road (Blyth – Halbury)
If you have any questions about these projects, please:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephone: 1300 794 880, or
- write to: GPO Box 1533, Adelaide SA 5001.