- North-South Corridor
- Road Management Plans
- Strzelecki Track Upgrade and Sealing Project
- Goodwood, Springbank and Daws Road Intersection Upgrade
- 'Hahndorf Township Strategic Traffic Planning Study' and 'Hahndorf Township Improvements and Access Upgrade Project'
- Port Wakefield Overpass and Highway Duplication
- Joy Baluch AM Bridge Duplication
- Flagstaff Road Upgrade
- Golden Grove Road Upgrade
- Cross Road and Fullarton Road Intersection Upgrade
- Portrush and Magill Road Intersection Upgrade
- Glen Osmond Road and Fullarton Road Intersection Upgrade
- State-Wide Road Improvement and Renewal Works
- Modernising Road Maintenance
- Main North Road and Nottage Terrace Intersection Upgrade
- Grand Junction, Hampstead and Briens Road Intersection Upgrade
- Mitcham Hills Road Corridor Upgrade
- Adelaide Hills Intersections Upgrade Initiative
- South Australian Rural Roads Safety Package
- South Eastern Freeway Pavement Rehabilitation: Tollgate to Crafers
- South Australian Rural Highway Corridor Upgrades
- North East Road and South Para Road Junction Upgrade
- Gorge Road and Silkes Road Junction Upgrade
- Nairne Intersection Upgrade
- Fleurieu Connections
- Angle Vale Riverbanks College Junction Upgrades
- Aldinga Payinthi College Intersection Upgrade
- Transport Network Planning Studies Program
- Marion Road and Sir Donald Bradman Drive Intersection Upgrade
- Sturt Highway Corridor Upgrade
- Salisbury Highway Asphalt Resurfacing Works
- Regional North-South Freight Route Upgrade
- Truro Bypass Project
- Port Road between Grand Junction Road and Earle Avenue, Cheltenham
- Horrocks Highway Upgrades
- APY Lands Main Access Road Upgrade
- Long Valley Road Improvement Works
- Majors Road Upgrade
- Brighton Road Intersection Upgrades
Salisbury Highway Asphalt Resurfacing Works
Upgrades on Salisbury Highway are continuing with the start of Stage Two of works to be completed by the end of December 2021, weather permitting. Stage Two works will be undertaken from Kidman Road, Dry Creek to the Port River Expressway connection.
To minimise the impact on road users, the majority of works will take place from at night, Sunday to Friday.
Intermittent detours will be in place during the works and the Department will provide further advice when detour details become available.
Speed and lane restrictions will also be in place during the works and will remain in place during the day due to changed road conditions. Please take extra care when travelling through the area and follow local signage and traffic controller instructions.
Current detours and traffic restrictions include:
Salisbury Highway to North-South Motorway off-ramp closed
Each night from Monday 22 November to Wednesday 24 November, 2021, between 7pm and 6am, the off ramp from Salisbury Highway onto the North-South Motorway will be closed for south bound traffic.
Traffic will be detoured via South Road, Rosberg Road and Grand Junction Road.
Salisbury Highway, Wingfield closed to Port River Expressway
Each night between 9pm and 5am, from Thursday 25 and Friday 26 November and again on Sunday 28 and Monday 29 November, 2021, Salisbury Highway will be closed for west bound traffic near the North-South Motorway interchange.
General traffic travelling towards Port Adelaide will be detoured via North-South Motorway and Hanson Road.
Heavy vehicle traffic will be detoured via North-South Motorway and Eastern Parade.
Salisbury Highway to Port Wakefield Road northbound off-ramp closed
The northbound off ramp from Salisbury Highway to Port Wakefield Road will be closed each night between 8pm and 6am from Monday 22 November to Thursday 25 November, inclusive. Westbound traffic on Salisbury Highway will be maintained at all times.
Please follow local detour signage and traffic controller instructions.
Businesses will remain open and the community is encouraged to continue to support local businesses.
About the project
The Department for Infrastructure and Transport is undertaking major asphalt resurfacing works on Salisbury Highway, between Elder Smith Road, Mawson Lakes and the connection with the Port River Expressway, Wingfield. The works will also include resurfacing the on and off ramps at the intersection of Port Wakefield Road and Salisbury Highway.
Resurfacing will be undertaken on 5.5 kilometres of Salisbury Highway and will improve road safety and network reliability, support economic activity and deliver a smoother, more reliable journey.
This project is funded under the State Government’s Metro Road Stimulus Program and the Periodic Maintenance Program, and support 50 full time equivalent jobs.
Stage one of the works will be from west of Elder Smith Road, to west of the Port Wakefield Road overpass. Stage two will be from east of Kidman Road, to east of the Port River Expressway/Northern Connector interchange.
Stage one works were undertaken between September and November. Stage two commenced in mid-November and are expected to be completed in late December, 2021.
We encourage the community to register for email updates.
The Department will continue to tailor community engagement opportunities in line with the latest COVID-19 advice from health authorities.
Face-to-face engagement opportunities may be restricted and we will continue to be guided by the advice of health authorities, with the health and safety of our stakeholders always our highest priority.
If you have any further enquiries or would like to register your interest in the project to receive updates, please: