- North-south Corridor
- Northern Connector
- Road Management Plans
- Strzelecki Track Upgrade and Sealing Project
- Goodwood, Springbank and Daws Road Intersection Upgrade
- 'Hahndorf Township Strategic Traffic Planning Study' and 'Hahndorf Township Improvements and Access Upgrade Project'
- Port Wakefield Overpass and Highway Duplication
- Joy Baluch AM Bridge Duplication
- Flagstaff Road Upgrade
- Golden Grove Road Upgrade
- Cross Road and Fullarton Road Intersection Upgrade
- Portrush and Magill Road Intersection Upgrade
- Glen Osmond Road and Fullarton Road Intersection Upgrade
- State-Wide Road Improvement and Renewal Works
- Modernising Road Maintenance
- Main North Road and Nottage Terrace Intersection Upgrade
- Main North Road, Kings and McIntyre Roads Intersection Upgrade
- Grand Junction, Hampstead and Briens Road Intersection Upgrade
- Mitcham Hills Road Corridor Upgrade
- Adelaide Hills Intersections Upgrade Initiative
- Thomas Foods International access
- Park Terrace, Robe Terrace, Walkerville Terrace and Mann Road Intersection Upgrade
- South Australian Rural Roads Safety Package
- Safety Upgrades on Eight Country Roads
- Stebonheath and Womma Roads Intersection Upgrade
- North East Road and South Para Road Junction Upgrade
- Gorge Road and Silkes Road Junction Upgrade
- South Eastern Freeway Pavement Rehabilitation: Tollgate to Crafers
- Stephen Terrace and Ninth Avenue
- Nairne Intersection Upgrade
- Fleurieu Connections
- West Lakes Boulevard and Turner Drive Intersection Upgrade
- Angle Vale Riverbanks College Junction Upgrades
- Aldinga Payinthi College Intersection Upgrade
- Transport Network Planning Studies Program
- Marion Road and Sir Donald Bradman Drive Intersection Upgrade
- Salisbury Highway Asphalt Resurfacing Works
- Regional North-South Freight Route Upgrade
Safety Upgrades on Eight Country Roads
About the project
The Australian and South Australian Governments have completed the work to safety reinstate the 110km/h speed limit on eight country roads.
The $70 million in funding ensures the roads meet the appropriate safety standards to allow the efficient movement of vehicles.
This safety improvement supported 245 jobs and was delivered on an 80:20 basis with $56 million from the Australian Government and $14 million from the State Government, as part of the $1.115 billion funding announced in the 2019-20 State Budget for regional roads and infrastructure.
Regional roads are crucial to building and connecting strong communities and growing regional economies.
Upgrades to 440 kilometres of road have occurred at the following locations:
- Goyder Highway (Crystal Brook to Gulnare)
- Clay Wells Road (Southern Ports Highway to Callendale Road)
- Riddoch Highway (Mount Gambier to Port MacDonnell)
- Carpenter Rocks Road (Burrungule Road to Mount Gambier)
- Ngarkat Highway (Pinnaroo to Bordertown)
- Browns Well Highway (Loxton to Pinnaroo)
- Cleve Road (Cleve to Kimba)
- Andamooka Road (Andamooka to Olympic Dam).
Works delivered under this initiative included:
- shoulder sealing and roadside hazard protection or removal to reduce the risk and severity of “run-off road” type crashes
- pavement works to improve ride quality
- improvements such as line marking and signage and, on higher traffic volume roads, includes a wide centre line treatment, intersection upgrade and Audio Tactile Line Marking.
Works are now complete on 440 kilometres of road across eight locations and speed limits have been raised to 110km/h.
A further 21km of works on Ngarkat Highway are expected to be completed and signposted by the end of 2021, weather permitting. These resealing works are part of the second stimulus $210 million Road Safety Package, jointly funded (80:20) by the Australian and South Australian governments. Audio Tactile Line Marking will be undertaken on the entire length of Ngarkat Highway at the conclusion of the resealing works.
Image: Cleve Road narrow road shoulder to be sealed
If you have any questions about these projects, please:
- email: email@example.com
- telephone: 1300 794 880, or
- write to: GPO Box 1533, Adelaide SA 5001.