O G Road and Turner Street Junction Upgrade
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) is improving safety and access at the junction of O G Road and Turner Street, Felixstow, through the installation of traffic signals, extensions to the left turn lane on Turner Street and the right turn lane on O G Road and an upgrade of the existing lighting.
The scope for this project includes (see map overleaf):
- Installation of traffic signals at the existing junction of O G Road and Turner Street
- Extension to the left turn lane on Turner Street
- Extension to the right turn lane on O G Road
- Modification to the southeast corner traffic island
- Relocation of the existing pedestrian walkthrough on O G Road to the south of the right turn lane
- Relocation of bus stop 18 on Turner Street south side
- Relocation of bus stop 15 on O G Road west side
- Upgrade road lighting to LED for the extent of the works.
View a concept plan here.
This $2.7 million project is being delivered as an election commitment from the State Government.
To help safeguard the DPTI project team and the community, we have implemented measures to manage the risks of, and our response to, contracting COVID-19.
These include but are not limited to, increased personal hygiene practices and limiting face-to-face contact.
The project team will provide construction updates and work notifications via social media, letterbox drops, emails and the Project website. We are also available to speak via telephone (1300 794 880).
There will be no planned community events or information sessions until further notice.
Works commenced in August 2019 and the project was completed in December 2019.
Should you require further information, please email DPTI at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 1300 794 880