O G Road and Turner Street Junction Upgrade
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) is improving safety and access at the junction of O G Road and Turner Street, Felixstow, through the installation of traffic signals, extensions to the left turn lane on Turner Street and the right turn lane on O G Road and an upgrade of the existing lighting.
The scope for this project includes (see map overleaf):
- Installation of traffic signals at the existing junction of O G Road and Turner Street
- Extension to the left turn lane on Turner Street
- Extension to the right turn lane on O G Road
- Modification to the southeast corner traffic island
- Relocation of the existing pedestrian walkthrough on O G Road to the south of the right turn lane
- Relocation of bus stop 18 on Turner Street south side
- Relocation of bus stop 15 on O G Road west side
- Upgrade road lighting to LED for the extent of the works.
View a concept plan here.
This $2.7 million project is being delivered as an election commitment from the State Government.
Works are set to commence in early August and the project is expected to be completed by December (weather permitting).
Should you require further information, please email DPTI at email@example.com or telephone 1300 794 880