- Main South Road Upgrade - Old Coach Road To Malpas Road
- Darlington Transport Study
- McLaren Vale Overpass
- North-south Corridor
- Northern Connector
- South Road Superway
- Southern Expressway Duplication
- Road Management Plans
- Southern Expressway
- Adelaide to Melbourne Road Corridor
- Main North Road Realignment via Anama Lane
- Main North Road/ Tiver Road/ Gordon Road Intersection Upgrade
- Gawler East Link Road Project
- Britannia Intersection Upgrade
- Main South Road RMP
- Main South Road Duplication
- North East Road and Sudholz Road Safety Improvements
- Greenhill Road Median Safety Improvements
- Penola Northern Bypass Project
- Fullarton Road Upgrade – Magill Road to Beulah Road
- Park Tce/Fitzroy Tce/Torrens Rd Upgrade
- Transverse Line Marking - Cudlee Creek
- Strzelecki Track Upgrade and Sealing Project
- Humbug Scrub Roundabout
- Main North Road Median Upgrade - George McCullum Road and Curtis Road
- Onkaparinga Valley Road / Woodside Road Roundabout
- Regional Road Projects
- South Eastern Freeway - Managed Motorway
- Goodwood, Springbank and Daws Road Intersection Upgrade
- Lobethal Freight Access Upgrade
- Blackwood Roundabout Upgrade Project
- Marion Road Planning Study
- Hahndorf Traffic Study
- Streets for People: Hart Street
- Fosters Road Painted Median Scheme
- Port Road, Queenstown bike lanes
- Greenhill Road and Portrush Road intersection safety upgrade
- Port Wakefield Overpass and Highway Duplication
- Regional Bridges Project
- Main North Road/Dalkeith Road Intersection Upgrade
- Joy Baluch AM Bridge Duplication
- Flagstaff Road Upgrade
- Golden Grove Road Upgrade
- Signalisation of Bridge Road and Maxwell Road, Pooraka
- Regency Road and Churchill Road, Prospect, Intersection Upgrade
- O.G. Road and Payneham Road Junction Upgrade
- Findon Road Painted Median Scheme
- Fullarton Road and Cross Road Intersection Upgrade
- Portrush and Magill Road Intersection Upgrade
- Arthur Road
- Glen Osmond and Fullarton Roads Intersection Upgrade
- Victor Harbor Road Duplication
- State-Wide Road Improvement and Renewal Works
- Modernising Road Maintenance
- Main North Road and Nottage Terrace Intersection Upgrade
- Main South Road, Candy Road and Lander Road Intersection Upgrade
- Kroemer Crossing Upgrade
- O G Road and Turner Street Junction Upgrade
- Main North Road, Kings and McIntyre Roads Intersection Upgrade
- Grand Junction, Hampstead and Briens Road Intersection Upgrade
- Mitcham Hills Road Corridor Upgrade
- Hahndorf Township Strategic Traffic Planning Study
- Port Road, West Lakes Boulevard and Cheltenham Parade intersection upgrade
- Adelaide Hills Intersections Upgrade Initiative
- Gawler Street Pedestrian Crossing, Nuriootpa
- Torrens Street and Crozier Road Roundabout
- Thomas Foods International access
- Blythewood Road Pedestrian Crossing and Painted Median Project
- Birkenhead Bridge
- Naracoorte Roundabout Upgrades
- North East Road & South Para Road Junction Upgrade
- Park Terrace, Robe Terrace, Walkerville Terrace and Mann Road Intersection Upgrade
- South Australian Rural Roads Safety Package
- Safety Upgrades on Eight Country Roads
North East Road and Sudholz Road Safety Improvements
[NOTE: Click on the above image to access a more detailed view. File size is large (4.4MB PDF) so please allow for some time for it to open.]
Major construction completed
The upgrade of the North East Road and Sudholz Road intersection is now complete. The upgrade was a $7.7 million investment from the Motor Accident Commission’s Road Safety Fund.
Traffic travelling along North East Road towards Modbury wanting to turn right onto Sudholz Road has now been permanently re-routed on to Blacks Road to make the right turn via a newly signalised T-junction.
Redirecting traffic on to Blacks Road has removed right turns from North East Road on to Sudholz Road, helping to improve safety for approximately 73 000 vehicles that use this intersection daily.
In addition, traffic travelling on North East Road towards the city are no longer able to turn right on to Sudholz Road.
Traffic in both directions along North East Road now have three lanes to utilise when travelling through the intersection, easing traffic flow during peak times.
There is also a new ‘Local Traffic Only’ link road between Bristol Terrace, Gilles Crescent and Blacks Road service road for vehicles to access the Plains Village Shopping Centre.
About the project
For more information on the project's design and community consultation, please visit the 'About the project' page.
Completed intersection animation
Landscaping and vegetation works
As part of the North East Road and Sudholz Road intersection upgrade, the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) has improved the landscaping and vegetation along Blacks Road, Gilles Plains.
Minor landscaping and vegetation works were also be completed along Sudholz Road, North East Road and Bristol Terrace.
Works commenced mid July 2016 and were completed late August 2016.
Please refer to the below landscaping plans for further details.