- North-south Corridor
- Northern Connector
- Road Management Plans
- Strzelecki Track Upgrade and Sealing Project
- Goodwood, Springbank and Daws Road Intersection Upgrade
- 'Hahndorf Township Strategic Traffic Planning Study' and 'Hahndorf Township Improvements and Access Upgrade Project'
- Port Wakefield Overpass and Highway Duplication
- Joy Baluch AM Bridge Duplication
- Flagstaff Road Upgrade
- Golden Grove Road Upgrade
- Cross Road and Fullarton Road Intersection Upgrade
- Portrush and Magill Road Intersection Upgrade
- Glen Osmond Road and Fullarton Road Intersection Upgrade
- State-Wide Road Improvement and Renewal Works
- Modernising Road Maintenance
- Main North Road and Nottage Terrace Intersection Upgrade
- Main North Road, Kings and McIntyre Roads Intersection Upgrade
- Grand Junction, Hampstead and Briens Road Intersection Upgrade
- Mitcham Hills Road Corridor Upgrade
- Adelaide Hills Intersections Upgrade Initiative
- Thomas Foods International access
- Park Terrace, Robe Terrace, Walkerville Terrace and Mann Road Intersection Upgrade
- South Australian Rural Roads Safety Package
- Safety Upgrades on Eight Country Roads
- Stebonheath and Womma Roads Intersection Upgrade
- North East Road and South Para Road Junction Upgrade
- Gorge Road and Silkes Road Junction Upgrade
- South Eastern Freeway Pavement Rehabilitation: Tollgate to Crafers
- Stephen Terrace and Ninth Avenue
- Nairne Intersection Upgrade
- Fleurieu Connections
- West Lakes Boulevard and Turner Drive Intersection Upgrade
- Transport Network Planning Studies Program
- Marion Road and Sir Donald Bradman Drive Intersection Upgrade
Nairne Intersection Upgrade
The Department for Infrastructure and Transport (the Department) is delivering improved safety and traffic efficiency through the construction of a four-way, single lane roundabout realigning the Woodside Road and Saleyard Road T-junctions with the Old Princes Highway, Nairne. The State Government has committed $13 million to this project which is being delivered as part of the Adelaide Hills Intersections Upgrade Initiative. This project is part of the Adelaide Hills Intersections Upgrade Initiative and is being delivered as an election commitment by the State Government.
The upgrade will seek to reduce delays for Woodside Road traffic, maintain a good level of intersection performance and cater for future growth. The upgrade will also aim to improve safety for pedestrian and cyclist movements in the area, particularly for Nairne Primary School students.
The intersection of Woodside Road and Old Princes Highway is located on the western outskirts of Nairne within a 50km/h speed zone. Since the completion of the Bald Hills Interchange project in 2016, traffic volumes at the Woodside Road and Old Princes Highway intersection have increased by approximately 10-15%.
Preliminary planning identified a four-way, single lane roundabout incorporating Saleyard Road as the preferred solution to address these project objectives.
- Construction of a four-way single lane roundabout, including realignment of the two T-junctions of Old Princes Highway with Saleyard Road and Old Princes Highway with Woodside Road
- 2.5 metre wide, New Shared Use for the extent of works.
- Provision of pedestrian fencing to encourage crossing at desirable locations only.
- Relocation of the pedestrian actuated crossing (push button) on the Old Princes Highway eastern approach approximately 70 metres east of the roundabout.
Other proposed treatments include:
- Upgraded LED road lighting for the extent of the works.
- Installation of new safety barrier (where required).
- Improved drainage, including new kerb and gutter.
- New asphalt surfacing and line marking
Early site establishment works are underway. While the majority of works are being undertaken during the day, some night works are required to ensure the works can be undertaken safely and efficiently.
These works include the relocation of services and the installation of conduits and stormwater drainage.
Works will be undertaken at night from Sunday, 11 July 2021, for approximately six weeks, weather permitting. Hours of work are between 6pm and 6am, 7 days a week.
Public transport services will remain operational, however, bus stops in the vicinity of the works, along Old Princes Highway and Woodside Road, may require temporary relocation. Advance notice of any temporary changes will be provided at bus stops and on the Adelaide Metro website www.adelaidemetro.com.au when required.
Site establishment works will also continue to be undertaken during the day until late July 2021, weather permitting. Standard hours of work are Monday to Saturday, between 7am and 6pm.
Major works for the project will commence in late July 2021, and are expected to be completed early 2022, weather permitting.
COVID -19 Response
Following the announcement of the Premier, 20 July 2021, and in line with a Direction from the State Coordinator, the Nairne Intersection Upgrade Project will be closed for the next seven days. During this time no works will be undertaken. If you need to contact the project team please contact 1300 794 880 or email email@example.com
To help safeguard the community and DIT staff, we have implemented measures to manage the risks of, and our response to, COVID-19.
These measures include but are not limited to, increased hygiene practices and limiting face-to-face contact.
The Adelaide Hills Intersection Upgrade Planning Study Project will continue to provide planning study updates and work notifications via social media, letterbox drops, emails and the project website. We are also available to speak via telephone on 1300 794 880.
There will be no planned community events or information sessions until further notice.
We encourage you to have your say, using the contact details below. All feedback will be considered as part of the process to identify a solution that balances the needs of various stakeholders.
Community Information Sessions
Thankyou to all those who attended our Community Information Sessions held in November 2019 and March 2020. Feedback provided has been considered in the design process.
For more information
If you would like to have your say, enquire or register your interest in either project, or to receive updates, please:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephone 1300 794 880
- or write to GPO Box 1533, Adelaide SA 5001