Kroemer's Crossing Roundabout Project
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) is improving safety and access at Kroemer's Crossing, Tanunda, by installing a roundabout to improve safety for all road users at the crossing and to allow greater freight access to surrounding businesses.
The project will address existing safety concerns at the crossing by enabling a safer crossing point for all road users and extending the Restricted Vehicle Access (RAV) network by permitting heavy vehicles along Barossa Valley Road and Burings Road (part of) to improve access and efficiency, and reduce transport costs for local industries.
This $6 million project is funded by the Australian and South Australian Governments, The Barossa Council, and Pernod Ricard Winemakers Pty Ltd
The project aims to:
- enable the extension of the RAV network along the Barossa Valley Way, from the north, and along Burings Road for PBS Level 2A vehicles (up to 26 metre length B-double);
- create greater efficiencies and reduce transport cost for local industries through improved heavy vehicle access;
- reduce the confusion of the current road alignment due to the close proximity of multiple junctions and the presence of the rail corridor;
- improve safety at the location by reducing the risk of collisions at the junctions, and providing safer turning capacity for heavy vehicles; and
- retain safe access for pedestrians and cyclists along the Barossa bike trail, which passes through the location.
The project includes:
- construction of a single lane roundabout serving multiple adjoining roads which can accommodate PBS Level 2A vehicles;
- construction of a Shared Use Path on the western side of the roundabout, adjacent Murray Street and Burings Road, and pedestrian ramps either side of Burings Road;
- safety barriers, where required;
- earthworks and landscaping.
Works are scheduled to commence in early 2020, with completion expected in mid-2020, weather permitting.
Community Information Sessions
We invite you to drop in to a Community Information Session to meet the project team and ask any questions you may have.
Thursday 12 September: anytime between 6pm-8pm
Friday 13 September: anytime between 12pm-2pm
Tanunda CWA Town Hall, 70 Murray Street, Tanunda
Should you require further information, please email DPTI at email@example.com or telephone 1300 794 880