- Darlington Transport Study
- North-south Corridor
- Northern Connector
- Road Management Plans
- Southern Expressway
- Gawler East Link Road Project
- Main South Road Duplication
- Fullarton Road Upgrade – Magill Road to Beulah Road
- Strzelecki Track Upgrade and Sealing Project
- Onkaparinga Valley Road / Woodside Road Roundabout
- Regional Road Projects
- South Eastern Freeway - Managed Motorway Measures
- Goodwood, Springbank and Daws Road Intersection Upgrade
- Hahndorf Traffic Study
- Port Wakefield Overpass and Highway Duplication
- Joy Baluch AM Bridge Duplication
- Flagstaff Road Upgrade
- Golden Grove Road Upgrade
- Fullarton Road and Cross Road Intersection Upgrade
- Portrush and Magill Road Intersection Upgrade
- Glen Osmond Road and Fullarton Road Intersection Upgrade
- Victor Harbor Road Duplication
- State-Wide Road Improvement and Renewal Works
- Modernising Road Maintenance
- Main North Road and Nottage Terrace Intersection Upgrade
- Kroemer Crossing Upgrade
- Main North Road, Kings and McIntyre Roads Intersection Upgrade
- Grand Junction, Hampstead and Briens Road Intersection Upgrade
- Mitcham Hills Road Corridor Upgrade
- Hahndorf Township Strategic Traffic Planning Study
- Port Road, West Lakes Boulevard and Cheltenham Parade intersection upgrade
- Adelaide Hills Intersections Upgrade Initiative
- Torrens Street and Crozier Road Roundabout
- Thomas Foods International access
- Birkenhead Bridge
- North East Road & South Para Road Junction Upgrade
- Park Terrace, Robe Terrace, Walkerville Terrace and Mann Road Intersection Upgrade
- South Australian Rural Roads Safety Package
- Safety Upgrades on Eight Country Roads
Joy Baluch AM Bridge Duplication
The Australian and South Australian Governments have committed $200 million ($160 million from the Australian Government and $40 million from the South Australian Government) for the Joy Baluch AM Bridge Duplication Project.
The Joy Baluch AM Bridge is an important link in the National Land Transport Network at Port Augusta, providing access across the Spencer Gulf for commuter, commercial and freight vehicles in the northern region of South Australia. It is also a key tourist connection to the Eyre Peninsula, northern South Australia and beyond.
The duplication of the bridge will improve road safety and efficiency for all users, improve freight productivity and importantly improve the resilience of this critical road link.
It will also address the current bridge speed restrictions and safety for people walking or cycling across the bridge.
Read the latest Project Update here.
On Thursday, 30 July 2020, the Port Wakefield to Port Augusta project team held a Community Information Session at the Institute Theatre to meet members of the community and seek feedback.
Thankyou to all those who attended and provided feedback. For further information or enquiries, or to sign up to receive project updates, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
On 1 March 2020, the Australian and South Australian Governments announced the successful tenderer for the major works contract to form the Port Wakefield to Port Augusta (PW2PA) Regional Projects Alliance.
A consortium of CPB Contractors Pty Ltd, Aurecon Pty Ltd and GHD Pty Ltd will design and construct the Joy Baluch AM Bridge Duplication project as well as the Port Wakefield Overpass and Highway Duplication project. Design works have been progressing since March 2020. The Alliance has commenced the establishment of the project site compound and major construction is expected to commence in late 2020.
PW2PA Alliance Website
The PW2PA website – www.pw2pa.com.au is now live. The Alliance is proud to be associated with Webb Software, a family owned and operated Port Augusta business, who has designed the PW2PA website. Visit the website to get the most up-to-date information on project timelines, latest news, publications, photos and opportunities for community involvement. You can also visit the website to register for project updates and provide feedback on your dealings with the Alliance. The website will be updated regularly and will be the main source of information about the Port Wakefield Overpass and Highway Duplication and other projects that are being undertaken by the PW2PA Alliance, including the Joy Baluch AM Bridge Duplication and the Augusta Highway Duplication Planning Study between Port Augusta and Port Wakefield.
In addition to the website, you can also contact the project team on the 24/7 project enquiry line: 1300 161 407 or email at email@example.com if you have any queries or require further information.
PW2PA Alliance Community App
The PW2PA Alliance community app is now live.
The community app is available at no cost by downloading Site Podium from the App Store or Google Play Store to your smart phone or tablet. It provides easy access to real-time project updates, news stories and advance notice of traffic restrictions for motorists travelling in the region.
You can use this website or the community app to make enquiries and provide feedback about the project.
Stay up to date on the PW2PA Alliance projects and download the community app today.
DIT COVID-19 Response
The Department will continue to tailor community engagement opportunities in line with the latest COVID-19 advice from health authorities.
Face-to-face engagement opportunities may be restricted and we will continue to be guided by the advice of health authorities, with the health and safety of our stakeholders always our highest priority.
Engagement with community and industry is crucial and we will facilitate information sessions as much as possible to enable face to face engagement. It is important to assist in managing these events that you register as requested to enable physical distancing as much as possible.
We encourage the community to register for email updates.
Project time frames
Major construction for the project is expected to commence in the second half of 2020, with completion expected in 2022, weather permitting.
$200 million ($160 million from the Australian Government and $40 million from the South Australian Government).
P: 1300 794 880