- Darlington Transport Study
- North-south Corridor
- Northern Connector
- Road Management Plans
- Gawler East Link Road Project
- Main South Road Duplication
- Strzelecki Track Upgrade and Sealing Project
- South Eastern Freeway - Managed Motorway Measures
- Goodwood, Springbank and Daws Road Intersection Upgrade
- Hahndorf Traffic Study
- Port Wakefield Overpass and Highway Duplication
- Joy Baluch AM Bridge Duplication
- Flagstaff Road Upgrade
- Golden Grove Road Upgrade
- Cross Road and Fullarton Road Intersection Upgrade
- Portrush and Magill Road Intersection Upgrade
- Glen Osmond Road and Fullarton Road Intersection Upgrade
- Victor Harbor Road Duplication
- State-Wide Road Improvement and Renewal Works
- Modernising Road Maintenance
- Main North Road and Nottage Terrace Intersection Upgrade
- Main North Road, Kings and McIntyre Roads Intersection Upgrade
- Grand Junction, Hampstead and Briens Road Intersection Upgrade
- Mitcham Hills Road Corridor Upgrade
- Hahndorf Township Strategic Traffic Planning Study
- Adelaide Hills Intersections Upgrade Initiative
- Thomas Foods International access
- Birkenhead Bridge
- Park Terrace, Robe Terrace, Walkerville Terrace and Mann Road Intersection Upgrade
- South Australian Rural Roads Safety Package
- Safety Upgrades on Eight Country Roads
- North East Road and South Para Road Junction Upgrade
- Gorge Road and Silkes Road Junction Upgrade
Hahndorf Township Strategic Traffic Planning Study
The Adelaide Hills township of Hahndorf is a premier tourist destination with around 1,000,000 visitors each year. The main street through Hahndorf carries around 11,000 vehicles per day including around 600 commercial vehicles. The traffic volume is growing by 1.9% per year.
The Hahndorf Township Strategic Traffic Planning Study is being undertaken by the Department for Infrastructure and Transport.
Funded by the Australian Government, the study will identify and assess options to address congestion, connectivity, freight efficiency and safety in and around Hahndorf, with a focus on the main street. Issues to be investigated will include:
- the impact of road traffic, in particular heavy vehicles
- amenity and safety
- pedestrian and cyclist safety
- connectivity in the main street and accessibility to side streets and off street parking
A contract to undertake the Planning Study was awarded to Jacobs Group (Australia) Pty Ltd.
The study, which is expected to be completed in December 2020, will complement the Hahndorf Township Plan released by the District Council of Mount Barker in March 2018.
The study will also help inform the investment of $200 million for the Hahndorf Township Improvements and Access Upgrades recently announced by The Australian Government.
DIT COVID-19 Response
To help safeguard the DIT project team and the community, we have implemented measures to manage the risks of, and our response to, contracting COVID-19.
These include but are not limited to, increased personal hygiene practices and limiting face-to-face contact.
The project team will provide construction updates and work notifications via social media, letterbox drops, emails and the Project website. We are also available to speak via telephone (1300 794 880).
We encourage the community to register for email updates.
There will be no planned community events or information sessions until further notice
We invite your feedback
Community and stakeholder engagement will be undertaken throughout the planning study to help identify the key issues and contribute to the development of potential options. Opportunities to provide feedback and input will be promoted.
Community engagement is a very important part of the Hahndorf Township Strategic Traffic Planning Study.
Thank you to everyone who has contributed feedback so far.
To have your say please:
Phone: 1300 794 880
To stay informed about the project please register here.