Gawler East Link Road
In the 2015-16 Budget, the State Government announced $55 million for the construction of the Gawler East Link Road (GELR) Project.
The Gawler East Link Road (GELR) Project will support planned residential expansion/growth in the Gawler East Development Area as identified in the 30-Year Plan for Greater Adelaide, the Gawler Growth Areas Transport Framework 2009 and the Town of Gawler Development Plan.
The project will provide flexibility for future growth of population, as well as allow full development of Gawler East. It will support economic activity in Gawler and enhance connectivity between current and future developments, commercial and school precincts, and create approximately 110 local construction employment opportunities through the life of the project in line with SA’s Industry Participation Policy.
The benefits of the GELR will include:
- Direct access for commuters to Main North Road without needing to travel through the Gawler Town Centre;
- Reduction in congestion and travel times on the local road network;
- Less likelihood of crashes in the Gawler Township;
- Reduction of vehicle emissions caused by travel delays;
- Creates access for potential future extensions off the link road
If you have any further enquiries or would like to register your interest in the project, please contact the project team:
Phone: 1300 282 939
To register to receive project information and updates, complete the online feedback form here and check the Latest News & Publications page regularly.