- Main South Road Upgrade - Old Coach Road To Malpas Road
- Darlington Transport Study
- McLaren Vale Overpass
- North-south Corridor
- Northern Connector
- South Road Superway
- Southern Expressway Duplication
- Road Management Plans
- Southern Expressway
- Adelaide to Melbourne Road Corridor
- Main North Road Realignment via Anama Lane
- Main North Road/ Tiver Road/ Gordon Road Intersection Upgrade
- Gawler East Link Road Project
- Main South Road RMP
- Main South Road Duplication
- North East Road and Sudholz Road Safety Improvements
- Greenhill Road Median Safety Improvements
- Penola Northern Bypass Project
- Fullarton Road Upgrade – Magill Road to Beulah Road
- Park Tce/Fitzroy Tce/Torrens Rd Upgrade
- Transverse Line Marking - Cudlee Creek
- Strzelecki Track Upgrade and Sealing Project
- Humbug Scrub Roundabout
- Main North Road Median Upgrade - George McCullum Road and Curtis Road
- Onkaparinga Valley Road / Woodside Road Roundabout
- Regional Road Projects
- South Eastern Freeway - Managed Motorway Measures
- Goodwood, Springbank and Daws Road Intersection Upgrade
- Lobethal Freight Access Upgrade
- Blackwood Roundabout Upgrade Project
- Marion Road Planning Study
- Hahndorf Traffic Study
- Streets for People: Hart Street
- Fosters Road Painted Median Scheme
- Port Road, Queenstown bike lanes
- Greenhill Road and Portrush Road intersection safety upgrade
- Port Wakefield Overpass and Highway Duplication
- Regional Bridges Project
- Main North Road/Dalkeith Road Intersection Upgrade
- Joy Baluch AM Bridge Duplication
- Flagstaff Road Upgrade
- Golden Grove Road Upgrade
- Signalisation of Bridge Road and Maxwell Road, Pooraka
- Regency Road and Churchill Road, Prospect, Intersection Upgrade
- O.G. Road and Payneham Road Junction Upgrade
- Findon Road Painted Median Scheme
- Fullarton Road and Cross Road Intersection Upgrade
- Portrush and Magill Road Intersection Upgrade
- Arthur Road
- Glen Osmond and Fullarton Roads Intersection Upgrade
- Victor Harbor Road Duplication
- State-Wide Road Improvement and Renewal Works
- Modernising Road Maintenance
- Main North Road and Nottage Terrace Intersection Upgrade
- Main South Road, Candy Road and Lander Road Intersection Upgrade
- Kroemer Crossing Upgrade
- O G Road and Turner Street Junction Upgrade
- Main North Road, Kings and McIntyre Roads Intersection Upgrade
- Grand Junction, Hampstead and Briens Road Intersection Upgrade
- Mitcham Hills Road Corridor Upgrade
- Hahndorf Township Strategic Traffic Planning Study
- Port Road, West Lakes Boulevard and Cheltenham Parade intersection upgrade
- Adelaide Hills Intersections Upgrade Initiative
- Gawler Street Pedestrian Crossing, Nuriootpa
- Torrens Street and Crozier Road Roundabout
- Thomas Foods International access
- Blythewood Road Pedestrian Crossing and Painted Median Project
- Birkenhead Bridge
- Naracoorte Roundabout Upgrades
- North East Road & South Para Road Junction Upgrade
- Park Terrace, Robe Terrace, Walkerville Terrace and Mann Road Intersection Upgrade
- South Australian Rural Roads Safety Package
- Safety Upgrades on Eight Country Roads
Fosters Road Painted Median Scheme
About the project
The Department of Planning, Transport & Infrastructure (DPTI) will improve safety for all road users along Fosters Road by installing a painted median scheme. The project will separate traffic, provide sheltered right turn lanes into side roads and reduce the risk of rear end collisions.
This project follows consideration of the feedback DPTI received when the Draft Road Management Plan for Fosters Road was released in 2016.
The project will include the following works along Fosters Road:
- Installation of a painted median scheme, including right turn storage lanes.
- Installation of pedestrian refuges at three locations.
- Pavement rehabilitation between North East Road and Redward Avenue.
- Changing the operating hours of the bike lane on the western side to a full time bike lane (the bike lane on the eastern side will remain a morning peak bike lane). This change will result in parking being removed on the western side, and also on the eastern side where pedestrian refuges are being installed.
- Upgraded lighting at various locations.
- Modifications to the northern and southern approaches to the two roundabouts to reduce approach speeds, together with upgraded pedestrian facilities.
- Indentation of bus stops where possible.
The project will not impact on the intersection of Fosters Road and North East Road.
This $1,950,000 project is funded by DPTI’s Annual Program and Improving Critical Road Infrastructure Program.
You can download a detailed project concept plan here (108MB).
The project is scheduled to commence from Monday 29 April and is expected to be completed by the third quarter of 2019. A combination of day and night works will be undertaken.
Day works will occur between 9am-4pm, Monday to Saturday, however some weekend works may be required. Night works will occur between 7pm-6am, from Sunday evening to Friday morning throughout this period.
Some works will be undertaken at night to:
- ensure the safety of road users, pedestrians and construction workers
- minimise impacts to traffic during the day
- complete the works as quickly and safely as possible
Whilst some noise from construction activities and vehicle movements can be expected, work crews will make every effort to minimise the disturbance to residents and businesses.
All roads will remain open to traffic, with a 25km/h speed restriction in place while workers are on site. Lane and other speed restrictions may apply subject to onsite conditions, but DPTI will ensure that access to properties is maintained
For more information:
Phone: 1300 794 880