Signalisation of Bridge Road and Maxwell Road, Pooraka
About the Project
The Bridge Road and Maxwell Road Intersection Upgrade project will improve safety at the intersection by making the following improvements:
- signalisation of the existing junction at Bridge Road and Maxwell Road (west)
- extension and duplication of the right turn lane from Bridge Road to Maxwell Road
- extension and duplication of the right turn lane from Maxwell Road (west) to Bridge Road
- extension of the existing left-turn lanes from Bridge Road to Maxwell Road and from Maxwell Road to Bridge Road
- upgrade of street lighting at the new signalised intersection and new u-turn facility
- provision of bicycle lanes through the intersection on all approaches
- full indentation of bus Stop 39 on the western side of Bridge Road
- banning of right turns out of Maxwell Road (east) and the provision of a replacement u-turn facility on Bridge Road
- resurfacing of Bridge Road between Beovich Road and Kesters Road
Works will predominantly be undertaken during the day, with some road surfacing works undertaken to be undertaken at night.
In addition to the new signalised intersection, pavement will be rehabilitated on an approximately 2.9km length of Bridge Road between Beovich Road and Kesters Road.
The works are expected to be completed by the end of July 2019, weather permitting.
Project Time Frame
The works are scheduled to start Monday, 15 April, and will involve a combination of both day and night works.
Works will generally start on Sunday evening and finish on Saturday morning of each week. No works will occur on Saturday nights. In addition, no work will be undertaken between the morning of Thursday, 18 April, and the evening of Sunday, 28 April, to avoid the Easter and Anzac Day holiday period.
P: 1300 794 880