Angle Vale Riverbanks College Junction Upgrades
About the project
The Department for Infrastructure and Transport (the Department) is delivering local road improvements to support the construction of the new Riverbanks College B-12 in Angle Vale. This upgrade is funded by the South Australian Government and will improve the safety and efficiency for all road users near the College.
Key local upgrades near Riverbanks College will include:
- new signalised junctions at Frisby and Angle Vale Roads, and Riverbanks and Angle Vale Roads, including new signalised pedestrian crossings;
- a new Shared Use Path for pedestrians and cyclists on Angle Vale and Riverbanks Roads;
- new and upgraded LED road lighting for the extent of the works;
- new line marking and drainage; and
- pavement construction and surfacing and new median and kerb.
Upcoming works include the placement of the final layer of asphalt, installation of traffic signals and line marking on
Angle Vale Road, Riverbanks Road and Frisby Road at Angle Vale.
To safely facilitate these works, the junction of Frisby Road with Angle Vale Road will be temporarily closed, with
a traffic detour in place at the following times, weather permitting:
- 7am Monday, 22 November to 6pm Tuesday, 23 November, 2021; and
- 7am to 6pm on Monday, 6 December, 2021.
Please see notice and map for more details.
Works will be undertaken between 7am and 6pm however the temporary detour will remain in place outside of these work hours.
A 40 km/h speed restriction will be in place and lane and other speed restrictions may apply, subject to on site conditions. Frisby Road, between Fradd Road and Angle Vale will remain open for local traffic only.
Project completion is expected in late 2021, weather permitting.
To find out more about the project or register for future updates, please contact the project team at the following:
- Email DIT.CommunityRelations@sa.gov.au
- Call 1300 794 880
For further information about Riverbanks College B-12 visit: www.education.sa.gov.au/Riverbanks