- Darlington Transport Study
- North-south Corridor
- Northern Connector
- Road Management Plans
- Gawler East Link Road Project
- Main South Road Duplication
- Strzelecki Track Upgrade and Sealing Project
- South Eastern Freeway - Managed Motorway Measures
- Goodwood, Springbank and Daws Road Intersection Upgrade
- Port Wakefield Overpass and Highway Duplication
- Joy Baluch AM Bridge Duplication
- Flagstaff Road Upgrade
- Golden Grove Road Upgrade
- Cross Road and Fullarton Road Intersection Upgrade
- Portrush and Magill Road Intersection Upgrade
- Glen Osmond Road and Fullarton Road Intersection Upgrade
- Victor Harbor Road Duplication
- State-Wide Road Improvement and Renewal Works
- Modernising Road Maintenance
- Main North Road and Nottage Terrace Intersection Upgrade
- Main North Road, Kings and McIntyre Roads Intersection Upgrade
- Grand Junction, Hampstead and Briens Road Intersection Upgrade
- Mitcham Hills Road Corridor Upgrade
- Hahndorf Township Strategic Traffic Planning Study
- Adelaide Hills Intersections Upgrade Initiative
- Thomas Foods International access
- Birkenhead Bridge
- Park Terrace, Robe Terrace, Walkerville Terrace and Mann Road Intersection Upgrade
- South Australian Rural Roads Safety Package
- Safety Upgrades on Eight Country Roads
- Stebonheath and Womma Roads Intersection Upgrade
- North East Road and South Para Road Junction Upgrade
- Gorge Road and Silkes Road Junction Upgrade
Birkenhead Bridge Upgrade Works Project
In 2020, the South Australian Government announced the Birkenhead Bridge Upgrade Works Project.
The $3.73 million State Government funded project will be delivered by the Department for Infrastructure and Transport.
This project is to replace the Birkenhead Bridge timber roadway deck with a Fibre Reinforced Polymer deck, and the eastern timber footpath with an aluminium footpath. Works will also include associated steel protection works, bitumen surfacing and line-marking. These essential works will ensure the bridge’s long term structural integrity and safety for all users. The Birkenhead Bridge is a State Heritage item, which makes works more complex and increases project costs.
If you’d like to receive project updates, including a notification in advance of the bridge closure, please sign up for our distribution list here
The Birkenhead Bridge was opened to road and marine traffic on Wednesday, 4 November. Thank you for your understanding and patience whilst these important works were taken out. View the image gallery to see some shots of the bridge before and after the works.
The Department will continue to tailor community engagement opportunities in line with the latest COVID-19 advice from health authorities.
Face-to-face engagement opportunities may be restricted and we will continue to be guided by the advice of health authorities, with the health and safety of our stakeholders always our highest priority.
Engagement with community and industry is crucial and we will facilitate information sessions as much as possible to enable face to face engagement. It is important to assist in managing these events that you register as requested to enable physical distancing as much as possible.
To find out more about the project, provide feedback or register your details to receive project information as it becomes available, please:
- Phone: 1300 794 880
- Email: DIT.email@example.com