- Adelaide's North-South Corridor
- Northern Expressway
- Northern Connector Project
- South Road Superway
- Torrens Road to River Torrens Project
- Torrens to Darlington Project (T2D)
- South Road Planning (River Torrens to Anzac Highway)
- Gallipoli Underpass
- Regency Road to Pym Street
- Darlington Upgrade Project
- Additional Works
Environment and Heritage
During the project planning phase, environmental issues and sensitivities were a key consideration in determining the preferred solution. The Project Impact Report, which was prepared during the project planning and approvals phases, addresses a number of important areas including:
- Land use, socio-economic impact
- Noise and vibration during the construction and operation
With the project now in construction, there are a number of systems and processes in place to ensure the surrounding environment is protected. Key elements of the environmental management approach include:
- Environmental Management Plan prepared by Lendlease and approved by DIT.
- Regular monitoring of local wildlife by specialists, including shore and water birds.
- Sediment control to protect waterways.
- Noise, vibration and dust management.
- Cultural heritage management.
- Waste and resource use minimisation.
The Project Team works closely with key stakeholders including the Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources (DEWNR), Environment Protection Authority (EPA), the Natural Resource Management Board, local councils and other key organisations to ensure best practice measures are implemented for environmental protection.
The Project Team acknowledges that the land the Northern Connector Project is on is the traditional lands for the Kaurna people and that the Team respects their spiritual relationship with their Country.
We also acknowledge the Kaurna people as the traditional custodians of the Adelaide region and that their cultural and heritage beliefs are still as important to the living Kaurna people today.