- Infrastructure Home
- Information for businesses and communities
- State Budget 2021-22
- Augusta Highway Duplication - Stage 2
- Augusta Highway Duplication - Stage 3 - Business Case
- Eyre Highway Widening and Upgrade – Business Case
- Greater Adelaide Freight Bypass – Business Case
- Heysen Tunnels Refit and Upgrade
- Kangaroo Island Road Upgrades
- Marion Road and Sir Donald Bradman Drive Intersection Upgrade
- Murray Bridge to South East Links - Business Case
- Nottage Terrace and North East Road Intersection Upgrade
- Old Murray Bridge Refurbishment
- Road Safety Package - Extension
- Station Refresh Program
- Tea Tree Plaza Park 'n' Ride
- Truro Bypass
- Public Transport Projects
- Port Dock Railway Line
- Gawler Rail Electrification Project
- O-Bahn Park 'n' Rides
- Hove Level Crossing Removal
- Ovingham Level Crossing Removal
- Rail Care
- Road Projects
- North-south Corridor
- Northern Connector
- Road Management Plans
- Strzelecki Track Upgrade and Sealing Project
- Goodwood, Springbank and Daws Road Intersection Upgrade
- Hahndorf Township Strategic Traffic Planning Study - Outcomes and Community Consultation, 29 April - 7 June 2021
- Port Wakefield Overpass and Highway Duplication
- Joy Baluch AM Bridge Duplication
- Flagstaff Road Upgrade
- Golden Grove Road Upgrade
- Cross Road and Fullarton Road Intersection Upgrade
- Portrush and Magill Road Intersection Upgrade
- Glen Osmond Road and Fullarton Road Intersection Upgrade
- State-Wide Road Improvement and Renewal Works
- Modernising Road Maintenance
- Main North Road and Nottage Terrace Intersection Upgrade
- Main North Road, Kings and McIntyre Roads Intersection Upgrade
- Grand Junction, Hampstead and Briens Road Intersection Upgrade
- Mitcham Hills Road Corridor Upgrade
- Adelaide Hills Intersections Upgrade Initiative
- Thomas Foods International access
- Park Terrace, Robe Terrace, Walkerville Terrace and Mann Road Intersection Upgrade
- South Australian Rural Roads Safety Package
- Safety Upgrades on Eight Country Roads
- Stebonheath and Womma Roads Intersection Upgrade
- North East Road and South Para Road Junction Upgrade
- Gorge Road and Silkes Road Junction Upgrade
- South Eastern Freeway Pavement Rehabilitation: Tollgate to Crafers
- Stephen Terrace and Ninth Avenue
- Nairne Intersection Upgrade
- Fleurieu Connections
- West Lakes Boulevard and Turner Drive Intersection Upgrade
- Marion Road and Sir Donald Bradman Drive Intersection Upgrade
- Infrastructure Projects
- Adelaide Convention Centre
- Adelaide's North South Corridor
- Flinders Link Project
- Former Royal Adelaide Hospital
- Greenways and bike boulevards
- Granite Island Causeway
- Riverbank Entertainment Precinct
- Wardang Island/Waraldi Infrastructure Revitalisation Project
- Completed Projects
- State Aquatic Centre and GP Plus Health Care Centre
- Adelaide Crafers Highway
- Bakewell Underpass
- Gawler Rail Revitalisation
- Belair Line Renewal
- Darlington Upgrade Project
- LeFevre Peninsula
- Mawson Connector
- Northern Expressway
- Port Adelaide Viaduct Upgrade
- Port River Expressway
- Sturt Highway Upgrade
- Tramline Extension - City West to Adelaide Entertainment Centre
- Tramline Extension - Victoria Square to City West
- Victor Harbor Road / Main South Road Junction
- Riverbank Bridge
- Bald Hills Road Interchange
- Humbug Scrub Roundabout
- Port Road, Queenstown bike lanes
- Penola Northern Bypass Project
- Lobethal Freight Access Upgrade
- Main South Road, Candy Road and Lander Road Intersection Upgrade
- Streets for People: Hart Street
- Regional Bridges Project
- Greenhill Road Median Safety Improvements
- Greenhill Road and Portrush Road intersection safety upgrade
- Main North Road Realignment via Anama Lane
- Park Tce/Fitzroy Tce/Torrens Rd Upgrade
- Findon Road Painted Median Scheme
- Transverse Line Marking - Cudlee Creek
- Marion Road Planning Study
- Blythewood Road Pedestrian Crossing and Painted Median Project
- Naracoorte Roundabout Upgrades
- O G Road and Turner Street Junction Upgrade
- Arthur Road
- Fosters Road Painted Median Scheme
- Main North Road/Dalkeith Road Intersection Upgrade
- Gawler Street Pedestrian Crossing, Nuriootpa
- O.G. Road and Payneham Road Junction Upgrade
- Signalisation of Bridge Road and Maxwell Road, Pooraka
- Regency Road and Churchill Road, Prospect, Intersection Upgrade
- North East Road and Sudholz Road Safety Improvements
- Main North Road Median Upgrade - George McCullum Road and Curtis Road
- Kroemer Crossing Upgrade
- Southern Expressway
- Torrens Street and Crozier Road Roundabout
- Port Road, West Lakes Boulevard and Cheltenham Parade intersection upgrade
- Fullarton Road Upgrade – Magill Road to Beulah Road
- Onkaparinga Valley Road / Woodside Road Roundabout
- Find your next job opportunity
- Birkenhead Bridge
- Gawler East Link Road Project
- City Tram Extension
- Oaklands Crossing
- Useful Links
- Contact Infrastructure
Construction of the Adelaide Convention Centre Redevelopment will require traffic and pedestrian impacts in and around the Riverbank Entertainment Precinct. This website will provide the latest information regarding these restrictions and impacts.
- 16 July 2015, Convention Centre steel project supporting local jobs, steel suppliers
- 08 May 2015, Adelaide Railway Station platform closures to cater for stage two Convention Centre works
- 15 March 2015, Upgrades to the Festival Centre
- 03 December 2014, Milestone for Convention Centre as international visitors reach new heights
- 18 September 2014, Riverbank Authority members announced
- 08 March 2014, Riverbank footbridge open 12 noon Sunday
- 30 October 2013, $160 million boost to Adelaide's conference and convention hub
- 24 June 2013, New vision to make Adelaide’s Riverbank one of the great city parks
- 20 March 2013, Local industry innovation at work at Adelaide Convention Centre upgrade
- 13 February 2012, Shuttle Trains to Run on Grange Line
- 24 January 2012, Expressions of interest open for Adelaide’s Iconic Riverbank Precinct
- 29 September, Draft Master Plan for revitalized riverbank made public
- 09 September 2011, South Australians are helping guide riverbank’s future
- 29 June 2011, Stunning new convention building revealed
The redevelopment program will be delivered in two stages.
The first stage is now complete and officially opened by the Premier on 13 March 2015. The new building has expanded the facility westwards over the railway lines to link with Montefiore Bridge.
Stage Two of the redevelopment will replace the existing Plenary Building with a multi-purpose, state-of-the-art facility with plenary capacity of up to 3,500 seats, and is scheduled for completion in 2017.
To facilitate the Stage 2 works, the site perimeter hoardings and pedestrian/vehicle movements around the site changed in January 2015.
The below information outlines how the Precinct is operating as construction progresses including changes to pedestrian and vehicle movements.
Adelaide Railway Station
Construction work will take place within the Adelaide Railway Station from 22 May 2015 to early 2016.
There will be a number of work zones established progressively during this period.
Please click on the Work Zone links in the table below for the platform changes occurring. [NOTE: The arrow indicates direction of safe passenger movements.]
For train customers, this means:
- your train may arrive at and depart from a different platform than usual
- you may have to walk a longer distance between your train and the turnstiles
- you may experience short travel delays, particularly on the Gawler and Outer Harbor lines
- you may have to use special walkways to move around the works
- the bicycle rack at the top of platforms 8 & 9 will be temporarily removed
- no services will be cancelled or timetables changed during these platform changes.
Further information is available at Adelaide Metro.
Please respect the temporary barriers around the platforms, which are there to protect you during construction.
Thank you for your patience during these essential platform changes.
|Adelaide Railway Station||Changes||Timing|
|Work Zone 1||Track 9 fully closed - no impact on adjacent platforms||22 May 2015 to mid June 2015|
|Work Zone 2 & 3 (concurrent)||Tracks 8 & 9 - partial closure||25 June 2015 to September 2015|
|Work Zone 4||Tracks 7 & 8 - partial closure||TBC|
|Work Zone 5||Tracks 6 & 7 - partial closure||TBC|
|Work Zone 6||Tracks 5 & 6 - partial closure||TBC|
Morphett Street Bridge
The kerbside lane of Morphett Street Bridge city-bound has been closed to motorists to facilitate access for Stage 2 works.
The hoardings have now been removed to reveal not just the new building to its full extent, but a new “Montefiore Boulevard” linking pedestrians from North Terrace to the Riverbank Precinct.
A portion of Morphett Street Bridge city bound will remain closed until the end of 2016 to facilitate construction access for Stage 2 – see below.
Riverside car park entrance closure
The eastern entrance to the Convention Centre's Riverside car park will be closed (see map below).
This is to facilitate works occurring for the new Stage 2 building.
Other entrances to the car park remain accessible.
Crane pad works – Riverbank lawn (adjacent river)
A crane pad and associated works compound has been setup in the grassed area between the Convention Centre and Linear Park path (see map below).
Four months of civil works was required to prepare the area, and a 200 tonne crane is expected to be in operation in July 2015.
The crane will be in this location until approximately the end of 2016.
Pedestrian movements during Stage 2
Hoardings and pedestrian movements through the plaza area include:
- the “red desert” area between the Convention Centre and Riverside Building is closed off to pedestrians.
- construction vehicles will be frequently entering / exiting up the ramp from North Terrace.
- Lend Lease will have a traffic controller who manages pedestrian and construction vehicles across the North Terrace footpath in this vicinity during construction hours.
- The Riverside Promenade will be closed from both the eastern and western end from 6am – 7pm Monday to Fridays (subject to change).
The map below shows the new hoarding lines and pedestrian movements.