Findon Road Painted Median Scheme
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) will improve safety for all road users along Findon Road and Rowells Road by installing a painted median scheme. The project will provide safer crossing points for pedestrians, separate traffic, provide sheltered right turn lanes into side roads and reduce the risk of rear end collisions.
The project will include the following works along Findon and Rowells roads, between Crittenden Road and Henley Beach Road:
- Installation of a painted median scheme, including right turn storage lanes
- Installation of a pedestrian refuge between Rawlings Avenue and Keele Place
- Installation of part-time and full-time bike lanes and some lighting upgrades
Please note that parking times along Findon Road and Rowells Road will change and some parking restrictions will apply.
Note that in relation to painted islands, road users may drive on or over a single continuous line surrounding a painted island for up to 50 metres:
- to allow the required room to safely overtake people riding bicycles
- to enter or leave a road
- to enter a turning lane that begins at the end of the painted island
- to park in angle parking on the opposite side of the road.
However, you must give way to any vehicle that is in the turning lane or entering the turning lane from the marked lane or line of traffic immediately to the left of the turning lane.
For more information about painted medians click here.
This $260 000 project is funded by the Australian Government’s Black Spot Program.
The department would like to invite the community to an information session to provide feedback and talk to the project team. This will also provide an opportunity to view concept plans and recieve information regarding the overall scope and objectives of the project.
- Location: Findon Community Centre, 222 Findon Road, Findon
- Day: Thursday 30 May
- Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
The department appreciates your cooperation and patience while these important works are carried out.
Contact the project team at email@example.com or phone 1300 794 880 if you have any further questions about this project.