- State Aquatic Centre and GP Plus Health Care Centre
- Adelaide Crafers Highway
- Bakewell Underpass
- Gawler Rail Revitalisation
- Belair Line Renewal
- LeFevre Peninsula
- Mawson Connector
- Northern Expressway
- Port Adelaide Viaduct Upgrade
- Port River Expressway
- Sturt Highway Upgrade
- Tramline Extension - City West to Adelaide Entertainment Centre
- Tramline Extension - Victoria Square to City West
- Victor Harbor Road / Main South Road Junction
- Riverbank Bridge
- Bald Hills Road Interchange
- Humbug Scrub Roundabout
- Port Road, Queenstown bike lanes
- Penola Northern Bypass Project
- Lobethal Freight Access Upgrade
- Main South Road, Candy Road and Lander Road Intersection Upgrade
- Streets for People: Hart Street
- Regional Bridges Project
- Greenhill Road Median Safety Improvements
- Greenhill Road and Portrush Road intersection safety upgrade
- Main North Road Realignment via Anama Lane
- Park Tce/Fitzroy Tce/Torrens Rd Upgrade
- Findon Road Painted Median Scheme
- Transverse Line Marking - Cudlee Creek
- Marion Road Planning Study
- Blythewood Road Pedestrian Crossing and Painted Median Project
- Naracoorte Roundabout Upgrades
- O G Road and Turner Street Junction Upgrade
- Arthur Road
- Fosters Road Painted Median Scheme
- Main North Road/Dalkeith Road Intersection Upgrade
- Gawler Street Pedestrian Crossing, Nuriootpa
- O.G. Road and Payneham Road Junction Upgrade
- Signalisation of Bridge Road and Maxwell Road, Pooraka
- Regency Road and Churchill Road, Prospect, Intersection Upgrade
- North East Road and Sudholz Road Safety Improvements
- Main North Road Median Upgrade - George McCullum Road and Curtis Road
- Kroemer Crossing Upgrade
- Southern Expressway
- Torrens Street and Crozier Road Roundabout
- Port Road, West Lakes Boulevard and Cheltenham Parade intersection upgrade
- Fullarton Road Upgrade – Magill Road to Beulah Road
- Onkaparinga Valley Road / Woodside Road Roundabout
- Find your next job opportunity
Naracoorte Roundabout Upgrades
Riddoch Highway/Wimmera Highway (Smith Street) Lucindale Road Roundabout
Wimmera Highway (Smith Street)/McCrae Street Roundabout
Image: Wimmera Highway (Smith Street) / McRae Street roundabout
As part of the $330M allocated for the South Australian Rural Roads Package, the Australian and South Australian Governments are jointly funding the upgrade of two roundabouts in Naracoorte.
Works will be undertaken on the Riddoch Highway / Wimmera Highway (Smith Street) / Lucindale Road roundabout, and will include the full reconstruction of the roundabout. Detours will apply during construction.
In addition, works will occur on the Wimmera Highway (Smith Street) / McRae Street roundabout, and will include the modification of the roundabout central island, and minor kerb realignment.
The proposed upgrades will enable double road trains, (no greater than 36.5 metres) to travel through the roundabouts, allowing access for heavy vehicles to the Naracoorte Saleyards and industrial zones and improved safety for all road users.
Speed and lane restrictions will apply during construction at both roundabouts. Signage will be in place to provide advance notice to motorists. Please plan ahead, allow extra travel time and take extra care when workers are on site. Observe speed limits, lane restrictions and traffic controllers when travelling through the area.
Some noise can be expected at times while these works are completed, however the work will be managed to minimise disturbance to local residents and businesses as much as practically possible. Access to businesses and surrounding properties will be maintained at all times.
The Department will continue to tailor community engagement opportunities in line with the latest COVID-19 advice from health authorities.
Face-to-face engagement opportunities may be restricted and we will continue to be guided by the advice of health authorities, with the health and safety of our stakeholders always our highest priority.
Engagement with community and industry is crucial and we will facilitate information sessions as much as possible to enable face to face engagement. It is important to assist in managing these events that you register as requested to enable physical distancing as much as possible.
Works commenced in May 2020, and the project was completed on 30 June, 2020.
To find out more about the project, provide feedback or register your details to receive project information as it becomes available, please:
- Phone: 1300 794 880
- Email: DIT.email@example.com