- State Aquatic Centre and GP Plus Health Care Centre
- Adelaide Crafers Highway
- Bakewell Underpass
- Gawler Rail Revitalisation
- Belair Line Renewal
- LeFevre Peninsula
- Mawson Connector
- Northern Expressway
- Port Adelaide Viaduct Upgrade
- Port River Expressway
- Sturt Highway Upgrade
- Tramline Extension - City West to Adelaide Entertainment Centre
- Tramline Extension - Victoria Square to City West
- Victor Harbor Road / Main South Road Junction
- Riverbank Bridge
- Bald Hills Road Interchange
- Humbug Scrub Roundabout
- Port Road, Queenstown bike lanes
- Penola Northern Bypass Project
- Lobethal Freight Access Upgrade
- Main South Road, Candy Road and Lander Road Intersection Upgrade
- Streets for People: Hart Street
- Regional Bridges Project
- Greenhill Road Median Safety Improvements
- Greenhill Road and Portrush Road intersection safety upgrade
- Main North Road Realignment via Anama Lane
- Park Tce/Fitzroy Tce/Torrens Rd Upgrade
- Findon Road Painted Median Scheme
- Transverse Line Marking - Cudlee Creek
- Marion Road Planning Study
- Blythewood Road Pedestrian Crossing and Painted Median Project
- Naracoorte Roundabout Upgrades
- O G Road and Turner Street Junction Upgrade
- Arthur Road
- Fosters Road Painted Median Scheme
- Main North Road/Dalkeith Road Intersection Upgrade
- Gawler Street Pedestrian Crossing, Nuriootpa
- O.G. Road and Payneham Road Junction Upgrade
- Signalisation of Bridge Road and Maxwell Road, Pooraka
- Regency Road and Churchill Road, Prospect, Intersection Upgrade
- North East Road and Sudholz Road Safety Improvements
- Main North Road Median Upgrade - George McCullum Road and Curtis Road
- Kroemer Crossing Upgrade
- Southern Expressway
- Torrens Street and Crozier Road Roundabout
- Port Road, West Lakes Boulevard and Cheltenham Parade intersection upgrade
- Fullarton Road Upgrade – Magill Road to Beulah Road
- Onkaparinga Valley Road / Woodside Road Roundabout
- Find your next job opportunity
Bald Hills Road Interchange
The Bald Hills Road Interchange project was formally opened to traffic on 15 August 2016 by Acting South Australian Transport and Infrastructure Minister Peter Malinauskas, Senator for South Australia Simon Birmingham and Mayor of Mount Barker Council Ann Ferguson.
The new interchange will improve travel times and road safety for commuters travelling to the east side of Mount Barker and reduce congestion in Mount Barker.
The $27 million Mt Barker Bald Hills Road Interchange was a jointly funded project with the Australian Government contributing $16 million, the South Australian Government $8 million and the District Council of Mount Barker $3 million.
South Australian company, Bardavcol Pty Ltd, was awarded the contract to design and construct the first full interchange to be built on the South Eastern Freeway in almost 20 years. The interchange incorporates on and off ramp access to both Adelaide and Murray Bridge, each ramp connecting to Bald Hills Road.
The project also incorporated an upgrade of the Bald Hills Road / Old Princes Highway junction. The previous T-junction has been replaced by a roundabout, which provides a safer and more efficient arrangement to accommodate the increased traffic volumes anticipated on Bald Hills Road with the completion of the interchange.
The project also incorporated significant landscaping works, including trees and shrubs and grassing of embankments and verge areas.
As with any departmental infrastructure project involving new roads or major upgrades, noise modelling was undertaken to predict future noise impacts of the project.
The department’s consultant, AECOM, confirmed that noise levels (based on modelling) would not exceed the department’s Road Traffic Noise Guidelines (2007) and therefore no noise attenuation was required. You can view the noise fact sheet Bald Hills Road Interchange - Noise Mitigation Plan Report - Summary (PDF, 130 KB). The full Noise Report is available here (PDF, 16.7 MB).
More information or to provide feedback
DIT Community Relations
Telephone: 1300 794 880