Salisbury Railway Station
Salisbury Railway Station and bus interchange
Salisbury Railway Station upgrade
Installation of ticket validation gates at Salisbury Railway Station has been completed. These ticket validation gates are like those installed at Adelaide Railway Station, which require passengers to have a valid ticket to travel.
The project included the installation of:
- ticket validation gates, including wider gates for people with mobility aids or prams.
- additional disability car parks at the south-west car park of the Salisbury Railway Station.
- platform fencing to modify access to the platforms from the car parks and bus interchange.
- ticketing machine on platform 2.
- footpath from the northern car park.
- improved CCTV and lighting.
This project at Salisbury Railway Station:
- improves safety for passengers by preventing people without tickets entering the platforms.
- increases security for passengers with staff monitoring the station during peak times.
- reduces fare evasion.
Passengers with a metrocard can recharge online with auto recharge facilities also available. Visit https://adelaidemetro.com.au/Auto-Recharge/Home for more information.
This project formed part of the $2.1 million Fare Evasion Initiative in response to a commitment from the South Australian Government.