Instructions on how to complete EI002 “Request for Forecast Turning Movements” form
- The first section of the EI002 identifies the contact information for the parties submitting the request (Project Manager, Transport Planner, Project Sponsor).
- Enterprise Information, Forecasting Team, will provide forecast OD Matrices for subarea networks modelled in Aimsun Next only if preparing forecast OD Matrices is not specified in the scope of works for Consultants in their contracts with DPTI
- The requestor shall fill out the “Study/Project description” and provide as much detail about the study/project and location as possible. Documentations to identify specific location and size of any proposed developments/modification or upgrade to road infrastructure are required to be uploaded. The years for which forecast data is requested, i.e. 2021, 2026, 2031, and/or 2036, are also to be specified.
- If the request is for forecast turning movements for isolated intersection(s), please use Form EI001.
- Make sure that the following documents are ready for upload:
- Project Brief or Project Definition Report (required)
- Calibrated and validated base case subarea model in Aimsun Next (MATSAM subarea microsimulation model) along with the calibration and validation report
- Plans/drawings for proposed modifications/upgrades to the road infrastructure/network
- Provide an explanation of any other specific details that would assist with the completion of the forecast
- Providing forecast OD matrices is subject to the receipt of the completed EI002 form and subject to item 2 above;
- Forecast OD Matrices are prepared based on DPTI’s strategic transport models which are based on a range of assumptions in accordance with the State’s strategic policies and plans, and
- These forecasts may need to be revised should these key assumptions change.
- These forecasts are not to be used for any purpose other than that specified on the EI002 form.
Generally, please allow a minimum of four weeks to complete the request for forecast OD Matrices for a subarea.
Turnaround time for complex projects can be substantially longer. You will be contacted with an estimated turnaround time within a few days of receipt of the completed form.