- Career Opportunities
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Department for Premier and Cabinet (DPC) Circular 028
- DPTI Star Rates - July 2019
- New Whyalla Secondary School Industry Briefing
- DPTI Industry Briefing - 2019
- New WCH - Consultant Industry Briefing - PSC Services - November 2019
- Future Tender Program - November 2019
- Building Projects Infrastructure Delivery - Overview of Role - Nov 19
- Future Tender Program - June 2020
- Future Tender Program - 8 July 2020
- Future Tender Program - 13 August 2020
- Future Tender program - 18 September 2020
- Future Tender Program - November 2020
- Future Tender Program - 4 March 2021
- Future Tender Program - 1 April 2021
- Future Tender Program - June 2021
- Who We Are And What We Do
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- Strategic Asset Management (SAM)
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Technical Guide Notes
- Future AGFMA
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Office of Local Government
- Gateway Reviews
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 SA Border Information for Essential Travellers
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- National Safe Work Month 2020
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
- A simpler way to navigate
A Friday Note - 19 September 2015
A fantastic start to the week with the announcement of $985 million to deliver the Northern Connector road as part of the 78 kilometre North-South Corridor.
Our Department is driving this project to connect the already completed Northern Expressway and South Road Superway links to provide an unimpeded journey from Gawler to Regency Park. This will help move people and goods around more efficiently, improve safety for all road users, and provide hundreds of jobs for South Australians in the construction phase.
CLIMATE CHANGE STRATEGY
The Premier and Ministers Hunter and Koutsantonis have jointly announced the establishment of a SA Low Carbon Economy Experts Panel to advise Government on climate change policy, including how to secure the best economic opportunities for the State.
This announcement also included the launch of public consultation for a new Climate Change Strategy and Low Carbon Investment Plan for South Australia. Go to http://yoursay.sa.gov.au/climatechange for more information about how you can get involved.
Fortunately nobody was hurt in yesterday’s truck fire at Manningham, but the incident served as a reminder of the vital role our Traffic Management area plays in monitoring our roads. Of equal importance is how we work with Emergency Services to manage such incidents. Below is a photo of SES members visiting the Traffic Management Centre at Norwood to cement this partnership in emergency management.
On a related topic I recently returned from a community meeting in Noarlunga on Tuesday night and the police drug dogs and police officers were out in force at Adelaide rail station. A great collaborative effort with our police force to improve safety on our rail system.
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT OFFICE IMPLEMENTATION
Work to implement the Portfolio Management Office (PMO) is progressing. Its remit is to maximise our investment on our strategic objectives and priorities. A number of senior people have been thrashing out the substance of the office and how it will operate. I’m excited about the outcomes for all South Australians who will benefit from a whole of portfolio approach to the delivery of initiatives. Information and updates on the PMO are available here.
I’m pleased to hear that transition for Performance Support Services is progressing well and you’ve been asking questions in the information sharing sessions. Consider attending a session if you haven’t already and keep informed. Your questions and their answers can be found in the updated FAQ Performance Support Services.
It’s great to hear our senior leaders are making their way across regional areas. The People and Business Executive team is looking forward to meeting our Port Augusta team next Friday, with other locations to follow.
SAFETY & CULTURE
In addition to my note on long hours last week I just want to remind staff that overtime should only be worked with prior approval from Managers (unless in emergency circumstances etc). Remember to keep a work life balance perspective.
Have a good weekend.