New roundabout at Yorktown Road junction with Blair Park Drive, Craigmore
13 Jun 2017
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) will be improving safety by installing a roundabout at the Yorktown Road junction with Blair Park Drive, Craigmore.
The safety improvements will include:
- Installation of a roundabout.
- Relocation of the eastern access to the Craigmore Shopping Centre to align with the new roundabout.
- Installation of raised median on Yorktown Road to restrict right turn movements.
- Installation of pedestrian refuges on Yorktown Road and Blair Park Drive.
- Installation of new street lighting.
These safety improvements will reduce the risk of right turn crashes at this location.
Preliminary site works including service relocations and vegetation removal are expected to commence in July 2017, weather permitting. Construction works are scheduled to commence in September 2017, and are expected to be completed early 2018, weather permitting.
Roads will remain open to traffic with a 25 km/h speed restriction in place while workers are on site. Lane and other speed restrictions may apply subject to on site conditions.
DPTI will make every effort to minimise disruption and will ensure that access to businesses and properties will be maintained throughout the works.
This $1.842 million project is funded by the South Australian Government’s Asset Improvement Program.
For further information, please email DPTI at email@example.com or telephone 1300 794 880.
DPTI thanks motorists for their patience while these important safety works are carried out.