- Career Opportunities
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media Wall
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Department for Premier and Cabinet (DPC) Circular 028
- DPTI Star Rates - July 2019
- New Whyalla Secondary School Industry Briefing
- DPTI Industry Briefing - 2019
- New WCH - Consultant Industry Briefing - PSC Services - November 2019
- Future Tender Program - November 2019
- Building Projects Infrastructure Delivery - Overview of Role - Nov 19
- Future Tender Program - June 2020
- Future Tender Program - 8 July 2020
- Future Tender Program - 13 August 2020
- Future Tender program - 18 September 2020
- Future Tender Program - November 2020
- Who We Are And What We Do
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- Strategic Asset Management (SAM)
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Technical Guide Notes
- Future AGFMA
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Office of Local Government
- Gateway Reviews
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 SA Border Information for Essential Travellers
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- National Safe Work Month 2020
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
Marion Road and South Road upgrades due to start
20 November 2015
More than five kilometres of two major arterial roads servicing Adelaide’s southern suburbs will upgraded with more than $600,000 of works starting this evening.
The Transport and Infrastructure Minister Stephen Mullighan said more than four kilometres of South Road in Aldinga will be rehabilitated and about 1.3 kilometres of Marion Road in Marion.
“About $450,000 will be spent resealing a busy section of Marion Road in Marion,” Mr Mullighan said.
“The works will be undertaken on the section between Thirza and Alawoona avenues, with funding from the Critical Road Maintenance program.
“The program was announced in the 2015-16 State Budget $165 million roads stimulus package, which is in addition to the government’s ongoing road maintenance and safety funding.”
Mr Mullighan said to reduce inconvenience to motorists and all other road users, both projects would be carried out at night time.
“The South Road works will involve levelling out some undulating sections of the road surface between Malpas and Colville roads,” Mr Mullighan said.
“The $150,000 project will greatly improve ride quality for all vehicles which use this part of one of our city’s key transport corridors.
“The project is funded through the government’s ongoing Periodic Road Maintenance program.”
Member for Elder Annabel Digance said it was pleasing to see works would go ahead on an important section of Marion Road.
“Many businesses and other community members have raised the condition of this section of the road with me, particularly with works on the Darlington Upgrade project imminent,” Ms Digance said.
The South Road works will be carried out between 9pm and 4pm from today until November 19.
The Marion Road works also begin this evening, from 7:30pm to 6:30am, and will continue until November 25.