- Career Opportunities
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media Wall
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Department for Premier and Cabinet (DPC) Circular 028
- DPTI Star Rates - July 2019
- New Whyalla Secondary School Industry Briefing
- DPTI Industry Briefing - 2019
- New WCH - Consultant Industry Briefing - PSC Services - November 2019
- Future Tender Program - November 2019
- Building Projects Infrastructure Delivery - Overview of Role - Nov 19
- Future Tender Program - June 2020
- Future Tender Program - 8 July 2020
- Future Tender Program - 13 August 2020
- Future Tender program - 18 September 2020
- Who We Are And What We Do
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- Strategic Asset Management (SAM)
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Technical Guide Notes
- Future AGFMA
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Office of Local Government
- Gateway Reviews
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 SA Border Information for Essential Travellers
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- National Safe Work Month 2020
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
Expressions of interest released for $985 million Northern Connector
26 October 2015
Expressions of interest in constructing the $985 million Northern Connector road project have been released.
Interested bidders can now nominate to be considered to design and construct the new six-lane, 15.5 kilometre link between the Northern Expressway, the South Road Superway and the Port River Expressway.
The Northern Connector is expected to provide a much needed boost to the local economy, supporting on average 480 jobs a year during construction, and will stimulate a greater economic contribution from South Australia’s transport network.
More than 52,000 vehicles are expected to use the Northern Connector on weekdays.
This project is part of the upgrade to the 78 kilometre North-South Corridor, which will help drive economic growth, strengthen local communities and stimulate urban renewal.
The project will be subject to an increased local industry participation weighting which will create jobs in the northern suburbs.
The Northern Connector project will be subject to a 20 per cent weighting under the government’s Industry Participation Policy, giving companies which support South Australian workers an advantage when bidding for government work.
The participation of more than 200 people in a recent industry briefing on the Northern Connector project indicates the strong level of interest in this project.
An increased industry participation weighting will boost the chances of local sub-contractors and suppliers reaping the benefits.
The Australian Government is committing $788 million to the project, with the South Australian Government providing the remaining $197 million.
The two governments are working together with industry to develop a heavy vehicle network based charging trial in South Australia. Ministers discussed at their meeting today opportunities to progress a trial involving the Northern Connector. These trials are necessary to test future funding approaches to infrastructure.
Early works are expected to begin in early 2016 with major construction planned to commence in May 2016.
The project is expected to be completed in December 2019.
More information about the Northern Connector project can be found at www.dpti.sa.gov.au/infrastructure/nsc/northern_connector