The Department offers the following scholarships:
- Sylvia Birdseye Scholarship which seeks to increase the number of young women in civil engineering administered by the University of South Australia.
- Scholarship in Civil Engineering available to students who are commencing a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) or associated Double Degree or Specialisation programs adminstered by the University of South Australia.
- Civil Engineering Scholarship for Rural Students to assist commencing students from a regional or rural area undertaking a Bachelor program of study in the area of Civil Engineering at the University of Adelaide.
Students receive a study allowance during the academic year and full salary from the department during work placements (an eight-week period which usually occurs between November and February). Students are offered ongoing employment on successful completion of their studies and workplace assessments.
- financial assistance to undertake tertiary study.
- an opportunity to gain professional qualifications.
- fully paid work placements during semester breaks.
- a supportive mentoring relationship.
- ongoing employment on successful completion of studies and workplace assessments.
For further information on scholarships that DPTI offers: